Circle of Eight Modpack v7 / v7 NC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by UncleBuck, Dec 2, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

^ Probably not Z, but thanks for the suggestion.

btw, Co8 7.6.0 is awaiting authorization at ModDB. :) Here's a changelog:

GENERAL

• Implemented half of user interface overhaul: higher quality background textures on many interfaces and larger, more stylish Priory font.
    • Repathnoded following maps for strict grid: Hickory Branch exterior, Quarry exterior, Verbobonc Exterior, Verbobonc City Hall, Welkwood Bog Exterior, Water Node, Hommlet Exterior and WotGS, Moathouse Exterior, Temple Interior, Temple Entrance, Temple House, Temple Tower, Coliseum, Emridy Meadows, Imeryds Run, Moathouse Cave Exit, Nulb Exterior, Random Forest, Random Forest Road, Random Riverside, Random Riverside Road, Random Scrub, Random Scrub Road, Temple Deserted Farm.
    • Fixed worldmap issue with 'travel immediately to -' dialogues.
    • Removed hand crossbow proto.
    • Deactivated all hand crossbow-related feats.
    • Adjusted positional audio for dynamic effects to be suitable for 1680 x 1050 (max supported) resolution.
    • Reverted Spiritual Weapon fix due to related CTDs.
    • Made Rannos and Gremag, Lareth, Skole, Ah Fong, and the Gnarley Forest witch fences.

HOMMLET

• Repopulated Nira Melubb and Jaroo's chest contents as per the module and flagged them as stolen so that only fences will buy them from you.
    • Flagged Black Jay's wife's ring as stolen that only fences buy it and not decent, law-abiding vendors.
    • Eliminated repeat barter dialog for Rannos, Gremag, and Calmert.
    • Added Burne, Rufus, and Kenter Nevets as NPCs who can give the Clear the Moathouse quest and refined Terjon and Jaroo's routines.

MOATHOUSE

• Replaced Lareth's club of striking with a new one as the old one lost its ability to set charges.

NULB

• Added scripting failsafes so that Nulb ambush spawner doesn't enter or remain in combat.

HICKORY BRANCH

• Fixed faction issue with Hickory Branch dire bear.

MOATHOUSE RESPAWN

• Replaced immune undead in Moathouse Respawn courtyard and gnoll area.

VERBOBONC

• Made Verbobonc not available until after Zuggtmoy is dealt with.
      Updated Verbobonc night map graphics.
      Upgraded Verbobonc river water textures to appear more still and reflective.
      Updated and customized Verbobonc signage.
      Upgraded Verbobonc exterior dynamic ambient audio.
      Fixed bug where Verbobonc Merchant's Row west shop art would not appear at night.
      Fixed bug where Panathaes would not be removed from party when turned in to Captain Abiram upon completion of sewers quest if he was not guilty.
      Removed Boroquin and Rakham from Verbobonc citizen faction so that citizens don't get mad if you cast spells on them.

WOTGS

• Moved WotGS plot activation delivery to Wilfrick in Verbobonc.
      Added fog of war to Hommlet exterior for War of the Golden Skull to hopefully reduce animation-related lag.
      Reduced War of the Golden Skull reward items to +2.
      Fixed bug where Bing would stay at the leatherworker's shop during WotGS.

2. void

void Member

Thank you for the next release!

Can you upload it somewhere else?
    Moddb once again returns the error:

The file you have selected (Circle_of_Eight_Modpack_7.6.0_NC_Setup.exe) is not available via any mirrors. Please check back shortly as our servers update every 5 minutes. To access more download mirrors we encourage you to join the community, otherwise please be patient and keep trying.

3. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

void, Circle of Eight forum member chano reported that he had to sign (i.e. log) in to the (ModDB?) website in order to be redirected to a download mirror site. I hope this information helps.

4. void

void Member

Yes, it does.
    That's their twisted way to ask for a login...
    Until 7.4.0 everything worked fine.

5. Kilraven

Kilraven Chaotic Good Lich

Re: 7.6 NC,

Love the backgrounds and fonts.

One small nitpick, On the character stats area the numbers tend to merge into the white box which surrounds them.

Perhaps if either was a different shade it would reduce the effect, such as, if the boxes where tan or grey.

Otherwise very nice, still in the moathouse having cleared the bog.

6. Dreadfell

Dreadfell Member

Hello, could anyone tell me if all C08 content is downloaded with the latest mod pack?
    Meaning hickory branch/war of the golden skull ETC are now waiting for me to reach them in plot/storyline? just wondering...

7. Gaear

Yes, provided you use the NC (new content) version.

8. Kilraven

Kilraven Chaotic Good Lich

Came across an oddity on the overland map. (7.6 NC)

Got the location for Nulb from the jeweler in Hommlet.

Once finished in town, opened the overland map and was about to click on Nulb when I noticed that Immeryds(?) run was also activated on map. (mouse was clickable)

Do not recall if location was in list on right.

Went straight to Nulb and spoke with Grud to activate the run properly.

Obtained location of temple, opened map and all three ( run, Nulb & temple) were lit up correctly.

When clicking on temple from several locations, (Nulb, N & S Hommlet, moathouse & Deklo Grove) would travel roughly half way then game would CTD.

On last attempt (from deklo grove) defeated random encounter and proceeded to temple normally.

Given ToEE's quirks and the ever present save corruptions this may just be an oddity, but if anyone notices destinations opening early it may be worth mentioning.

9. Legless

Legless Established Member

I just completed 7.6 NC. Thanks very much, its a lovely piece of work. Verbobonc looks great with all its signs and that really helps a great deal when looking around the place. Well done all involved.

10. Fouinto1

Fouinto1 Member

Hi,

Let me start by saying what I think of Co8 mdopack 7.6.0 NC in a single word : GREAT !

I am surprised I was unable to open the chest box of Brother Smyth while my rogue is currently level 9 and highly skilled... did I say that he had +4 DEX gauntlet ?
    But, I will try later...

I have a problem more important...

From the beginning, sometime, my team get stuck when leaving Hommlet INN... So, I reload a previous savegame, and it was ok...
    Now (latter), each time I go to Hommlet, every one is stuck... I can't move and every one in town can't move...
    If I reload a previous savegame, I can see that most NPC can't move (example : Brother Smith), but, sometimes, some characters of my teams can...

the closest post i found is this one http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?p=117508&highlight=hommlet#post117508 but it happened to me only in Hommlet.

Is there someone that knows how to remove this bugs...

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  11. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Ironic: I just had this or something similiar (playing 7.2, for the record), and it derailed my whole game. It was mid-WotGS Hommlet Defense, got rid of most of the main groups and was going after the patrols.

What happens is (in my case) you start trying to move, then you stop, and the blue circles don't even appear if you click somewhere (as if you have clikced on a blocked sector outside limits, or in a building etc). Not sure if this is an identical bug: you can sometimes move short distances, or 'there and back' but not advance where you are going.

I put it down to 'cheating' and using the worldmap to whip around Hommlet while my buffs were still up. :shrug: Never had jerk-stop but this doesn't sound like it.

12. Gaear

That is jerkstop by definition Ted. :)

@Fouinto1, there really is no cure, but some things seem to make it go away temporarily. Try going to the Deklo Grove on the worldmap and coming back.

13. Fouinto1

Fouinto1 Member

Shiningted : it seems to me that everything started like this... and then, each time I go there it was worst...
    Gaear : Thank you, this workaround works !
    BTW, it does not work each time the first time, sometime I have to repeat the trip (Delko Grove <-> Hommlet) a few time.

Thank you.

14. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Or try stepping into and out of any building, someone reported this was a work around but I haven't tried it myself.

15. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

So THAT'S jerkstop? :blink: I pictured something very different... Wow, that is serious. Kudos on the many efforts to fix it Gaear.

By coincidence, I went to Deklo to regroup, and found it botched the quest. Hardly so very surprising. I then raised a very deceased Ariakis at that point to see what interesting comments he had about me fleeing before the Horde (a CN party should get to say, "meh!") but all he gave me was a status update.

I then returned to post-apocolyptic Hommlet but Ariakis had blue circle of death. Again, not surprising he abandoned me, but not quite scripted right. I gave up at that point and didn't notice if the jerkstop was fixed, I will test.

Our Host!