Wish List for Modpack 8 and up

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Aquinas, Oct 30, 2012.

Remove all ads!
Tags:
  1. maalri

maalri Immortal

P.S. Let's not gloss over the New, Interesting, and Tougher Familiars request...

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I know but ... Vorpal is just fun to say :) almost as much fun as saying Salsa.

Vorpal Vorpal Vorpal Vorpal Vorpal Vorpal Vorpal Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

3. silo25

silo25 Established Member

i would like to see vorpal for the enemies

4. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

Wishlist for 8.0 modpack; to attack creatures w/ Scather and Fragarach in both hands, w/o the risk of having 'next turn' button greyed-out. :)

5. Bjones12

Bjones12 Member

I think it would be cool if every recruit able NPC had some useful stats. For example, Cavanaugh is all 10s. Perhaps he could have one level of monk with a few 14s. I hate beggering the guy then just letting him stand there because he is useless.

6. Mouldyrye

Mouldyrye Member

I'd like to see expanded random encounter tables. Tougher and larger groups of enemies. I always have a high survival score on somebody to avoid the little fights with a handful of goblins or stirges and always hope for some ettins or large groups of bears.

Maybe some more leader/caster types thrown in with the humanoid groups. If there was a possible in-game trigger that caused your random encounters to come from a more powerful group of options. It would make sense that after clearing out the lairs of the dominant humanoid types in the area that the small groups still roaming the countryside would take the hint and move on to greener pastures. Only the strongest baddies would stick around and risk being found by the bold adventurers that are cleaning up the countryside.

7. Illustair

Illustair First Order Wizard

I'm saddened by this. But oh well, all good things must come to an end. To stay on-topic, I wish for a Time Stop spell! Or I wish for a Wish spell!;)

I also second that of Mouldyrye's.

8. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

That doesn't mean it will become unavailable or anything, just that we will stop working on it - e.g. it will be finished. Ten years is not too little time spent fixing something. :p

9. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

If I had stopped fixing my marriage at the 10 year mark ... I would be a free man now ...................

*drifts into thought* I'd be playing base for cover band, stocken up cold Miller Lite for poker every Tuesday night ...... Ahhhh, if I would have only given up. ;)

10. maalri

maalri Immortal

I will have to Third this. If my beloved Bad-Arse Familiars are not an option, then tougher, and more common random encouters would REALLY add a lot to this game.

In PnP, how many DMs use just the pregenerated encounters? Random is half the fun, so they should be half the experience in this game too! Well, at least two or three times more common than now.

Oh, and make sure you just don't avoid the encounters if you have a high Survival score, make sure the option to fight or not is given, if you can. Also have some that are going to jump you REGARDLESS of you Survival score- relatively few- maybe only one or two guaranteed ones, but yeah. No matter how good we are in life, SOMETHING is always going to surprise us, right?

Might even be a Mod option (Random encounters x2 or x3 or x4, for instance) :)

11. Oleg Ben Loleg

Oleg Ben Loleg Established Member Supporter

Maybe a temple that you can master only with a party of members from lvl 20 on. So you would have to import your older characters to stand a chance against a bugbear with an AC of 28 and an adequate to Hit Bonus.

12. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

Maybe a temple respawn where Lolth takes over the temple as Lareth planned.

13. Oleg Ben Loleg

Oleg Ben Loleg Established Member Supporter

I think that's an excellent idea. Somewhere towards the end you would have to fight an avatar of Lolth.

14. tom

tom Established Member

:thumbsup: really excellent idea.

Maybe get creative with re - populating the different temple parts - Goliath frogs in the water temple, dire bears in the earth temple, giant bats and hawks and all manner of flying things in air ......

15. Major_Blackhart

Major_Blackhart Member

Interesting options all. Personally, I really like the idea of repopulating the temple after Zuggy's defeat. New, harder enemies all around.
    Also, adamantium weapons thank you.

Our Host!