Co8 New Content: Welkwood Bog

Discussion in 'New Content Subdirectories' started by Gaear, Mar 22, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. Bjones12

Bjones12 Member

I click on the cicle of 8 modpack short cut. Then, it shows "cirle of 8 modpack 7.5.0 NC" as active. the non NC 7.5.0 modpack and the "Temple of Elemental evil" are not active.

I then hit the play button.

what am I doing wrong?

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

It sounds to me that you may need to re-activate the 7.5NC .

Unfortunately these things happen sometimes.

3. Bjones12

Bjones12 Member

thanks I will try that.

4. Bjones12

Bjones12 Member

I reactivated 7.5.0 NC, but it did not start in the chest room at all. Just the normal TOEE open with the body of the cannoness.

5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

What is the size of the file 'toee.exe' in your root directory?

6. Bjones12

Bjones12 Member

C:/Program Files (x86)/Atari/Temple of Elemental Evil/TOEE.exe is 1694 KB

7. Gaear

That is the executable (or no-cd) that came with patch 1. The unmodded version of the file temple.dll - an important file we modify that makes you go to the shop map at the start of the game in Co8, among many many other fixes - is included inside that executable, thus the large size. The proper toee.exe is only 33 kb in size and does not contain temple.dll. When you use the patch 1 .exe/.dll, it overrides our temple.dll and you don't get any of our temple.dll-related fixes and alterations.

The only reason the executable for patch 1 would be there in your install is if you did not patch up to official patch 2 per instructions (though Co8 should not install if it can't find patch 2) and your antivirus is deleting or quarantining ours upon installation and/or launch, or you installed it overtop after the Co8 module is active. What antivirus are you using?

8. Bjones12

Bjones12 Member

Mine was crashing after the install so I re-installed the patches and it started to work. I have a windows 7 computer so when I run it I run it as an administrator.

My antivirus is WebrootSecure Anywhere

What should I do?

9. Bjones12

Bjones12 Member

You are correct my anti-virus was quarrantinning TOEE. Now it is not and my TOEE.exe is now 33KB. It behaves the same way though. If I reactivate it should it work?

10. Gaear

Yes - I'd start over from scratch, and don't do any custom maneuvers this time lol.

11. Bjones12

Bjones12 Member

Started over and it seemed to work, but when I was going to welkwood the entire game crashed :(

12. Gaear

I'd try it on a different computer. (Seriously.) On rare occasions there are some systems that simply CANNOT GET ALONG WITH ToEE, sadly.

13. Bjones12

Bjones12 Member

This time all is well. I completed Welkwood bog and it was very good. Thanks for all your help!

14. Number99

Number99 kicking Iuz

I've been away from the game for a long period of time and I must say, this is a very very nice addition for low level party's. To all who has done an effort for this to be completed, a big thanks for making this!!!

15. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Established Member Supporter

I just looted a small masterwork studded leather armour from the goblin leader in Welkwood Bog.

Despite being listed as small (and approbiatly having only 1/2 weight) my elven rogue can equip it.

Despite being masterwork it has the same -1 armour check penalty as the normal studded leather armour. Shoudln´t masterwork armour have the ac-penalty lessened by 1?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
Our Host!