Verbobonc map

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by gazra_1971, Dec 10, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

I just edited my first digital image ever. Not bad for a 41 year old, ay? Here is a map of Verbobonc that I created using the free image editing software PhotoScape and that I will include in the game guide sticky thread. The tricky bit was making the image file under 200 KB in size because the maximum size limit for image files at the Co8.org website is 200 KB and any image file larger than that that you post in the forum gets automatically reduced to a 200 KB file (which causes the image to lose a LOT of its image quality!). I didn't get to include all of the text information at the bottom of the map that I would have liked to have had (due to having to keep the image file under 200 KB in size), but beggars can't be choosers.

If you know of any better free image editing software, then I would greatly appreciate it if you inform me as to what they are.

Next up, I will be creating a map of the Verbobonc drainage tunnels, and then begin the long, tedious task of converting the game guide sticky thread into a proper walkthrough. I hope that this map improves your enjoyment of the game.

P.S. My thanks to Gaear for providing me with the map templates.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
    Djasko80 likes this.
  2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I like http://www.postimage.org/. It's a free image hosting site that you can use to hotlink images in forums like co8. Plus, it's completely no muss no fuss - you don't sign up for anything or sit through waiting periods or any of that nonsense. And there's no real size limit as far as I know, meaning you can link a good-sized image right here if you like. :)

3. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I use photobucket myself, here's a link. Photo Bucket

I use the direct link option to put up pictures, many of the pictures I've posted here are housed there.

4. Kilraven

Kilraven Chaotic Good Lich

Very nice Gazra, I like it.:thumbsup:

Reminds me of the old maps I printed out years ago from sorcerers place.

Hommlet , Nulb, the Temple & elemental nodes.

5. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

Spoiler warning!

Do not look at this map unless you want a walkthrough for the 'What Lies Beneath' quest.

Here's a map of the Verbobonc drainage tunnels. I'll improve the map later on by including the patrol routes that Lhizeas, Boroquin, and Rakham walk around the drainage tunnels.

Again, my thanks to Gaear for providing me with the map template.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  6. SharkD

SharkD Established Member

Where did all the new artwork for Verbobonc come from? Where they already in the game files?

7. dale5351

dale5351 Established Member

Nice:-}}

However, I thought that I had read that the important quest related locations would change with each new game. You have only one location marked for them.

8. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

^ This is true, including the kiddies.

Like most custom Co8 material, they are primarily made from existing 'repurposed' ToEE assets. Verbo exterior has elements of Hommlet, Nulb, and several other maps, plus some other unique texture elements like pavement, water, cobblestones, etc.

Lest anyone think this is a simple matter of cut and paste, let me reassure you that doing it properly (e.g. making an entire new convincing city) takes weeks or even months of meticulous work. And that's just the art. Then there's effective clipping/lighting/sectoring/scenery/etc.

Our Host!