Co8 New Content: Welkwood Bog

Discussion in 'New Content Subdirectories' started by Gaear, Mar 22, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. JMohr134

JMohr134 Member

Oh ok, thanks! I thought I had already done that; must have gotten sidetracked and went off doing other stuff. Time to put this quest to bed.. :)

2. Darkie

Darkie Member

Wow, I didn't even remember that I had an account here (last logged in 6 years ago!).

In any case, I've run into a bug with this content - using 7.5.0, when I listen to the full story at Cap Ren's and then use the "go immediately" (I forget the exact phrase) option it takes me to the world map, and starts moving. It takes me to the upper right corner of the world map, where I enter a map where the only exit is a well.

Suffice it to say, my level 2 party got annihilated at the ambush at the top of the ladder, where there's a pair of witches, a bandit leader, and about a dozen enemies including a mage capable of throwing a fireball at me. I reloaded and took another route, and ended up facing 4 will'o'wisps who obliterated me in short order.

So I end up going to this thread, wondering how it's possibly level 1 content - at which point I discover nothing sounds familiar, and when I go back into the game to check, it's somehow unlocked and taken me to an "Abandoned Farm" location in the NE, instead of the Welkwood Bog to the NW.

There's something wrong, I'm guessing, since it goes there every time I use Cap Ren's dialog to get to the bog (I haven't checked what happens if I skip the story).

3. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

Hi Darkie. I never take the automatic travel option, so I have never had this happen. Why don't you try it from the map manually? It will work for you, or it should anyway. Gaear will see this soon and likely fix it for the next patch.

4. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

He already mentioned that the "Travel Immediately" links will be fixed next update.

5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

This is a known bug in 7.5 with several 'go immediately to' dialogues due to the worldmap changes. They will all be fixed in the next mod but for the time being, simply travel by the worldmap manually (go outside, click worldmap, click destination). That works fine.

6. Darkie

Darkie Member

I don't really mind, since it unlocks locations for me, hehe. I actually had another (weird) bug related to this.

While Travel Immediately pointed me to the NE the first time I actually got jumped by a Giant Frog while on the way. I had a choice due to Survival, I chose to fight it, and I killed it easily (6 vs 1 frog). When I went back to the World Map and tried to click on Welkwood Bog, the game crashed on me. My last save was at the Blacksmith before I even spoke to Capt Ren, and I hadn't saved afterwards nor tried to rest at the random encounter map.

I reloaded and tried the Travel Immediately again, which took me to the Abandoned Farmhouse without any random encounters. I could travel to Welkwood Bog from the Abandoned Farmhouse without any trouble.

I'm not sure what the problem was, since I've never had a single issue up to that point (I'd even been to the moathouse and fields briefly, just wandering the world map).

7. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Now I'm wondering how to get to that abandoned farm... that encounter sounds interesting. Almost like it was
    some of the tower bandits
    somewhere other than where they're supposed to be.

8. sonofliberty

LOL, no. That is where they are supposed to be.

9. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Really? Beacuse I've only ever encountered them in the
    tower outside the temple
    . The only thing I've ever run into at the
    exit to the tunnels from the temple
    was a lone goblin.

10. Gaear

If you go to the abandoned farmhouse and go down the well into the tunnel that leads to Smigmal and Falrinth's quarters, the ladder up in that map leads to the tower brigands area, IIRC. I assume that's what Darkie's talking about.

11. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Ah, so when he says "top of the ladder", he doesn't mean the top of the well. I suppose he's just lucky he didn't take the other tunnel.

12. Bjones12

Bjones12 Member

I talked to Smyth, then talked to Renton. Got Welkwood as a quest in my log, but It does not show up on my map at all. Went back to both smyth and renton and they do not converse about it any more. What is up? i went up to second level after getting the quest, does that make it go away>

I am playing the most current NC modual.

Also some folks get to start in a big room full of chests and pick equipment whereas I start with my alignment quest then buy equipment in Homlet. Why is this different?

13. sonofliberty

Welkwood isn't on the map. Look at the list of possible destinations to the right of the map.

14. Gaear

If that's happening you're not actually playing the Co8 mod. Did you activate it in the front end?

15. Bjones12

Bjones12 Member

Nope it is not there either. weird thing is I listened to the entire story and everything.

Our Host!