error at open

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by olthar, Nov 13, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. olthar

olthar Member

Hey, I've decided to try out the Co8 modpack and been having some trouble. Every time I open the modded game I can load up to the open screen. Once I get there it freezes. The freeze usually occurs within a few actions of opening. Sometimes I can get as far as clicking new game, others it freezes when I try to click new game.

I have turned off the intro videos and tried it in both windowed and full screen mode. Any suggestions would be welcome.

2. hellblazer

hellblazer Established Member

I had this problem on the integrated gpu on a i7 with an earlier driver. The latest driver fixed this.

3. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

Sorry for the late reply, but try selecting Enable Intro within the ToEE Front-End X to see if this fixes your problem.

4. theEarlofSandwich

theEarlofSandwich Fridge Raider

I've posted my current issue in the "How do I fix this?" thread. But essentially, Enabling the intro movie allows ToEE vanilla to work, but 7.5 NC still locks up on both my machines, intro enabled or disabled...Any other suggestions?

5. theEarlofSandwich

theEarlofSandwich Fridge Raider

Problem is solved. Main issue was Norton 360. Excluded ToEE from some routines in N360 and both ToEE vanilla and 7.5 NC load and started normally.

Interestingly, 7.5 NC will still only start on Windows 8 with intro movie enabled, while 7.5 NC will work both with and without intro movie on older Win XP machine.

Our Host!