secret door bug still and issue?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by HeJason, Oct 3, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Which doors? Falrinth's for example is DC 30.

2. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

In earlier playthroughs I've noticed that my characters didn't detect the secret doors in the Moathouse when IN the Moathouse- but could detect the secret door from the outside of it. Once they did that, the interior secret doors would show up.

3. kylan271

kylan271 Established Member

I just restarted the new Mod and all doors-Moathouse are this and temple level 1&2 so far. I use for testing an Elf who gets the auto roll,which pops up. I missed it in 7.4 as was not checking the rolls.

I was wondering if you can use the search as with pick locks or disarm trap checks? I do not know which file to check SD DC rating? Is it protos?

4. Gaear

I believe concentrated search may reveal secret doors, yes.

You would probably need to open up a sector in WorldBuilder and check its embedded objects for doors to be sure about any given object's DC, though yes, some may be predefined in protos.tab.

5. kylan271

ELVES gain an auto roll within 5 feet or so,so no need for c search with them. The 0 DC seems wrong though? I will try the files mentioned.

6. Gaear

The game, at least, does not think they are 0 DC. Is anyone else having this issue?

7. dale5351

dale5351 Established Member

I have been able to detect some secret doors, but there is one on level 4 of ToEE that I cannot. It is just outside of the room where Senshock was. I saw the door open out of the corner of my eye when I went into that room, but after fighting him (and letting him escape) I could no longer get the door to open. I've tried open door spell, search but nothing works.

8. Gaear

is it a door with a blue icon? There are some in that area that slide open like wall panels and what have you. The secret door bug problem is specific to the blue icons, as without detecting them there is nothing to click.

9. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Does your curser turn into a hand when mousing over the wall?

Sometimes you have to get it in just the right spot.

10. kylan271

You get secret doors which are akin to normal hidden doors ie near where you find Paida & the Trolls,and you must detect secret doors to open them,as in Werewolves&Zaxis's sister's hidden room as another examples. I do not know the DC rolls for these yet. But,NO not all secret doors are blue icons! These second types are 'hidden/secret doors',making the game have 3 types. Blue icons Secret doors,Hidden doors and 'concealed' doors(no rolls).

11. Gaear

I didn't say they were the only secret doors, I said they were the doors where the bug is exhibited because if you don't detect them, they don't show up at all and hence you have nothing to click on. The sliding doors et al are drawn in-game.

12. kylan271

Sorry the termanology,I don't know how to classify the door types? So sliding doors,more apt. I just refer to the question above about the missing door,from memory it was a special door no blue icon.

13. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

Now that I think about it, I've been getting search DCs of 0 for secret doors for quite some time (I think that it has been happening in previous versions of the Co8 modpack NC as well). Here are 2 examples in my playthrough of 7.5.0 NC, the first example being Falrinth's secret door that opens to the room containing Falrinth's Second Chest, the second example being the secret door in Zuggtmoy's prison that leads back up to the ground floor of the Temple of Elemental Evil (see screenshots below). In my next run through of the game, I'll keep track of which secret doors have a search DC of 0.

Attached Files:

14. Sergio Morozov

Sergio Morozov Paladin

Were not doors set to DC 0 to prevent failing search roll and making doors undetectable, due to only one roll being allowed per game (which is a bad bug)?

15. Gaear

No, I don't think so.

It would be interesting to see if anyone who shouldn't be detecting those doors is detecting them.

Our Host!