quests problem

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Bjones12, Nov 14, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. Bjones12

Bjones12 Member

I have a problem where quests are not recorded in my journal and are never recorded as completed in my journal. For example, Terjon asks me to find his pendant in Emory Meadows. Emory Meadows shows up on my map, but the quests is not in my journal. Once I retrieve the pedant I go back to terjon and he again asks me to find his pendant. But, now I can select the I already have it choice. The journal blinks, but Terjon's prices to raise characters never changes and the quest never appears in my journal. This happens with nearly every quest in the game. Please help!!!!!

2. Bjones12

Bjones12 Member

Additional information. Terjon is asking for the pendant again. I already gave it to him.

I gave the hill giant head to the Smyth but he still will not let me buy masterwork items.

Jinnerth has been told several times that he can join the militia, but still keeps asking me to solve his problem.

Calmert has asked me 4 times to talk to cavanaugh, but the opportunity to get the money from Cavanaugh never comes up when I talk to Cavanaugh and the quest never gets recorded in my journal.

This is beyond frustrating! I love this game, but it is unplayable for me. I have this issue with the recent modpack and/or with my original disks.

Please someone must have seen this before?

3. Oleg Ben Loleg

Oleg Ben Loleg Established Member Supporter

I hope this quote from the excellent game guide solves yout problem.

4. Bjones12

Bjones12 Member

I did not know this, and I am sure I have done this, but lately I have had my f/t in the first spot and it still did not work. Any other thoughts?

5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

The only known circumstance where what you describe happens is when you've got an NPC in that slot.

6. Bjones12

Bjones12 Member

thanks that fixed my issues. I have not played this game in years and have never completed the modpack here so sorry. I kinda feel like that was a dumb question in retrospect.

7. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

It is an easy mistake to make. Enjoy this great game.

Our Host!