Co8 New Content: War of the Golden Skull

Discussion in 'New Content Subdirectories' started by Gaear, Mar 22, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. dale5351

dale5351 Established Member

OK, error in my terminology then. That was not half as annoying as all of the crashes and corrupted saves. But, in the end I got through it with very carefully saving every chance I got -- and then testing the save by loading immediately.

I will be trying 7.5, but will wait until I am ready to start again with a new crew.

Slight update: I now have a save that seems to reliably cause a crash to desktop with only a few moves. If anyone wants to look at it for their own purposes, I can upload it.

Also: I just noticed a bug/hidden feature that might cause a problem even though it seems to work. My sorcerer had used all of his 8 slots in level 3 spells. I tried to cast a level three fireball anyhow. It worked and reduced the available count of level 4 spells by one.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Do you have the Heighten Spell feat or whatever it is?

The crashy save won't really do me any good as about all I'll be able to do with it is load it, crash, and say "yep, it's crashy." ;)

3. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

I *think* this has always been the case. I don't play many sorcerors but I seem to remember that you can use up a higher level slot to cast a spell if you've used all the correct ones. Certainly with clerics you can put domain spells into the higher level domain slots- I always like as many holy smites available as possible- and I think the same is true for non-domain cleric and wizard.

4. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I've cast level 5 fireballs before, but they're not any stronger than normal ones, unless you have a meta-magic feat that requires a higher spell level for a spell.

5. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Well I play sorcerers all the time and I will confirm that it is not a bug when a sorcerer casts a spell at a lower level and it uses a higher level slot. This is one reason that I love sorcerers as they can be spell machines, and cast lots of lower level spells as may be needed at some of the battles. Yes you can craft wands and scribe scrolls, but when you combine a sorcerer with meta magic feats and spells, you get, for me at least, the one of the best resourceful spellcasters.

6. Wraethrax

Wraethrax Member

Dear lord, how long do I have to roam around Hommlet before the attacks start?

OK, I got the warning to prepare for the impending attack by Hextorites and was asked to patrol Hommlet. How long do I have to roam around? I've spent hours, roaming around the map and visiting houses. What am I missing?

7. Gaear

If you must know, the specific conditions are for two days to pass, and then another meeting must occur with Ariakas at night. You can pass two days' time out on the road, or spend it at the inn, or do whatever you want. You don't actually have to patrol the town. Just don't leave Hommlet.

8. Wraethrax

Wraethrax Member

Ariakas is the Adventurer guy I spoke with in the first place, correct? I might have missed who Ariakas is...

9. Gaear

That's correct. He's in the town elder's place.

10. Wraethrax

Wraethrax Member

Yeah, I must have messed something up. I had to back to an earlier save and retry the quest. Thanks!

11. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

It's always seemed like more than a couple days to me each time.

Funny, now I know ... 2 days.

12. Legless

Legless Established Member

Re: Jerkstop: The TRUE Solution

I took the WofGS quest and went to activate it with the old git, no bother. But after patrolling for a while, I did some of the standard quests, cos no attack took place then I recruited Pishella and wanted to get her some gear from the Lords Castle in Verbobonc. On return, and this happens at all 3 entry points, everything freezes up. I can't move or do anything except use the world map. Maybe I shouldn't leave till the WotGS quest is complete?

13. Gaear

The freeze-ups are regular jerkstop - not at all surprising since at that point you are on the regular Hommlet map, not the WotGS version.

You should indeed not leave Hommlet during the time they've asked you to stay and babysit. If you do, the quest is botched and everyone is (supposed to be) dead and gone when you come back.

14. Legless

roger that

15. Legless

I'be just completed WotGS Defender and the quarry fight for the first time.
    Thanks very much to an involved in their creation, they were great fun to do. I found the quarry fight tougher than the Hommlet Defence and with the new facsimilie Hommlet I had no problems with jerkstop whatsoever so thanks again Gaear. I'm off to Verb City to do some more NC. Looking forward to What Lies Beneath.

Our Host!