Other Games in the TOEE style?!?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by fb2007, Nov 7, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Wow! Chaos Chronicles looks good!

2. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

Re Chaos Chronicles:

Want it! Want it now!!
    Will of course have to see how it works out. Some of the comments on the site, and the teams response to them (especially wrt multiplayer and modding) almost lend themselvs to a PnP, with the computer doing the book-keeping model, which would be particularly awesome

Re Chaos Chronicles:

Want it! Want it now!!
    Will of course have to see how it works out. Some of the comments on the site, and the teams response to them (especially wrt multiplayer and modding) almost lend themselvs to a PnP, with the computer doing the book-keeping model, which would be particularly awesome

Well that's weird. Apologies for double posting!

3. NulbTroll

NulbTroll Member

Looking at the Chaos Chronicle(s) site, I have pretty high hopes. Reads like the developers are true fans of the genre.

Especially enjoyed, in reference to why they are going with turn based combat,

"That’s what we aim for in a battle in Chaos Chronicles. It’s fun, even if you have to do some of the arguing with yourself."

4. Valeska

Valeska Member

Chaos Chronicles looks good :eek:

the Might and Magic series (I - IX, but I'd recommend VI and VII) are also good if you like ToEE. Not strictly based on D&D 3.5 rules though.

5. andysks

andysks Member

What makes me sad as a gamer that likes such games maybe too much,is that most of the suggestion are for retro games except for Chaos Chronicles.Because even though it was proven that DnD rules can actually be in a computer game,the general style has died.If you think about it ,since the DOS series that are referred here,then we had some Baldurs Gate,ToEE, NWN 1-2 ,and what is even more interesting ,is that the majority are from the same developers.The most sad of all,is that these same developers that plan NWN online ,if you look at the concept is so simplistic, that people wonder if it really is DnD.To sum up, Chaos Chronicles look like a spark in the middle of all this,but damn it we want more.
    Now,don't get me wrong,I enjoy more types of games.From shooters to sports.But it would be really nice if we had a bigger pool of DnD games for PC to choose from.

6. Vagnard

Vagnard Member

7. hellblazer

hellblazer Established Member

http://www.chaos-chronicles.com/
    [​IMG]

8. Skittles

Skittles Kind of Delicious

It isn't DnD or party based, but an upcoming game with interesting turn-based combat is Age of Decadence. The demo's playable and it can be pretty brutal. I've sunk more time into its demo than I will in a run through of ToEE at this point.

9. Ebonsword

Ebonsword Member

If you have a Sony PSP, Dungeons and Dragons: Tactics is quite enjoyable.

It's basically like ToEE-lite.

It's not quite as faithful to the D&D rules as ToEE (it doesn't allow multi-classing, for example), but it is turn-based and it has some unusual class choices available, such as Psion.

10. nyarlathotep

nyarlathotep Merry Murder Maniac

Project et- I meann Pillars of Eternity sounds promising, though it is still in production:

https://eternity.obsidian.net

An other title that piqued my interest is Divinity: Original Sin - There's already an early access. It is however not a D&D based RPG.

http://www.divinityoriginalsin.com

If you want old-school style with todays graphics, Might&Magic X...

11. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

Lots of thread necromancy going on at present!
    It appears that Chaos Chronicles never made it. I lost track of where it was going when they shifted their website to that forum (though they did seem to spend quite a lot of time discussing with the forum denizens compared to when they just had their website, so perhaps they just got mired in arguments with them). Bit of a shame.

12. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I believe CC had it's license ripped out from under it's feet.

13. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

14. andysks

andysks Member

CC is still on the webpage of Interplay. On some recent post somewhere I saw that the game still belongs to them, but it's going no further. At least until the dispute with the publishers is resolved. Some of their members I think have also started working on other projects, no certain. But in any case, CC is an example of vaporware. Still around, but no one knows when and if.
    In my honest opinion, and from what I read, I think both sides could make some sacrifices in order to find a middle solution. But then again, who knows what their talks were exactly about?

Our Host!