Circle of Eight Modpack v7 / v7 NC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by UncleBuck, Dec 2, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. sage

sage Member

Crash bug with 7.4.0 and .1. I started with 7.3.0. If I quick travel to any homlett location, I see a room interior than the game crashes. Delko grove works. If I use the same save game with 7.3.3, I can successfully quick travel.

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

You can't use saves between different modpack versions (e.g. 7.3.x vs. 7.4.x). You can however use them between modpack versions and their patches (e.g. 7.4.0 and 7.4.1).

3. silo25

silo25 Established Member

when i run the installer for 7.4.1 after it installs nothing happens, no 7.4.1 in the front end or at the start of the game? am i doing something wrong

4. Gaear

You have to activate it. See instructions.

5. sage

sage Member

Got it, my bad. Was hoping to use 7.3.3 for my playthrough, but it sounds like "Fixed numerous NPCs and monsters being missing that arose as a result of renumbering maps" is a pretty significant issue that might cause problems.

6. zebrainz

zebrainz Yumm

1. Once again I have CotL/FoG issues. Purchased Castle, 1st ghost in usual spot first time the party goes to his location/time. Try to initiate quest, ghost performs as expected (static 26hp) right up until his turn in the combat que. Combat just stops, ghost disappears. Changing maps, passing time, returning to spawn spot reproduces ghost, same result, repeatedly. Just.. poof. Resting? produces expected but very similar result. 14th lvl cleric of Grummish was able to command ghost and make him go all the way outdoors. Couldn't un-command without doing radical and illegal things (which I didn't do, quit game instead). CE party. This is my first attempt at CotL/FoG since downloading 7.4.1. I downloaded 7.4.1 in the middle of my Verbobonc visit last playthrough with no saves that didn't already have FoG completed green (I was then able to rest after the download). Will go back to the start of Verbobonc save and replay to see if it repeats this behavior.
    **edit** - repeats, same as above

Hmm, would make a perfect Deities and Demigods meat sheild... ...Nah.

2. Tunnel spiders after Matriarch still un-hostile on this (3rd) playthrough. Initiated combat anyway, gargantuan spider and its slightly smaller mate were both attacking the 2 phase spiders, they poisoned and killed both, even though there was 'friendly fire' floating text as they did it. Rested a full day (next to Nybble and Chandra), went back to tunnel, they had not repopulated.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  7. cezar_dan

cezar_dan Member

I have a minor problem, and can't find it mentioned anywhere. I've installed the mod, everything looks ok, but the NPC's I find don't have their class and alignment shown. It just says Human Humanoid, or something similar. They do have all the class specific abilities they advertise when I recruit them, so I'm not sure if this is normal of a bug, and if it makes any difference. Does anybody know something about this?

8. Oleg Ben Loleg

Oleg Ben Loleg Established Member Supporter

I was also a little bit confused about that. But I think that since you have to install 7.4.1 only as an add on to 7.4.0 the description in the fron end does not change. It still says: 7.4.0. I hope that nevertheless 7.4.1 works in the background since it was installed and activated successfully.

P.S. When I just started the game I noticed it says 7.4.1 in the final screen before you start the actual game.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  9. Gaear

That's normal vanilla behavior and is unalterable by us.

That's correct. No listing in front end because only individual modules get their own listings, and patches are not modules, they're add-ons. Version numbers are always lsited on the splash screen and in the Co8 section of in-game help.

@zebrainz, I'll re-re-re-re-re-check into those issues yet again, *sigh.* :p

Is anyone else having Fear of Ghosts issues?

10. maalri

maalri Immortal

I did some searching, to no avail. I have downladed and activated 7.4.1 NC and made a few characters, but not run a game yet.

I am running into this error message now everytime I try to open the Front End: "Another instance of ToEE Front End X is already running" I have rebooted twice and tried launching it carefully, but the result is the same.

Any ideas for a quick fix?

11. Gaear

Run. As. Admin.

#1 in the Troubleshooting Checklist in the hyper-spammed 'Modpack Explained' thread that you see banners for on every page of the site. :p

~

Sorry maalri, I couldn't resist dinging you a little. :poke:

12. zebrainz

zebrainz Yumm

Just me, I guess. Redownloaded and reinstalled 7.4.0 again, reinstalled 7.4.1. Same issues (no ghost, ghost appears only once, ever, disreagarding resting). Activated a different mod, the reactivated 7.4, reverted to 7.4.0 issue, (can't rest after completion of FoG quest). Shows as 7.4.1 on load screen. I'm thinking it's my installation/download. The new Verbobonc is now ergonomically sound enough that not owning the CotL is almost as easy to play as owning it. My copy appears to be solid other than this one thing. I will continue to play as is and see if 7.5 (and a complete reinstall of ToEE) fixes this when 7.5 comes out. Gonna see if I can't disremember which alignment(s) I need to play to get Balors (that data is in this very thread IIRC).

My first encounter with updated and improved Verbobonc graphics since 7.0. Awesome. Nice fix on moving the CotL teleporters down to the 3rd floor, along with many other small but noticable improvements there.

Some minor issues:

1. CotL telporters - selected City Hall as destination to lock in. Sent me to Spruce Goose Inn. Went back, repeats to SGI.

2. Skeleton guard/preist - Immunity to Slashing and Bludgeoning. WAI? both a Emridy and Moathouse Respawn. Interestingly enough, piercing works.

13. Gaear

Thanks, a lot of work went into that.

I don't think we moved the teleporters btw, lol ... ;)

All those destination errors were fixed in the 7.4.1 patch.

Whatever it is, it's as it's always been.

14. dale5351

dale5351 Established Member

FYI -- possible minor bug.

I recently got 7.4.1 patch and activated it. My celestial chest was empty and I swear that I had some items in it (mostly junk that would not sell, the note that came with it, etc.)

15. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

I believe installation of previous patches has been known to empty the extraplanar chests

Our Host!