Cant seem to activate 7.4.1 NC

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Warhammer3025, Sep 30, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. Warhammer3025

Warhammer3025 Member

Hello all, i last played this game last year right after 6.1.0 NC came out and had a blast with all the new fun content in the first few hours.

After finding some free time, i really wanted try all the new stuff coming out that wasnt available last year, but i've come across a problem.

To make things simple i reinstalled ToEE, patched up, DLed and installed and activated 7.4.0 with no issues. I then DLed and installed patches 7.4.1 and 7.4.1 NC, and then when i went to activate i only had the option to addon 7.4.1, but not the NC one. Not thinking much of it, i activated and went to play but apparently all the NC stuff isnt available. No Ronald in Church and no "different things" from Brother Smyth. So i went noodling around trying to see what happened and i'm currently stumped. It seems i'm supposed to addon 7.4.1 NC in order to get all the new content, but i cant from the Front End X. I need help, what did i do wrong?

2. Warhammer3025

Warhammer3025 Member

Oh i also tried reverting the 7.4.1 to 7.4.0 and then tried to addon for 7.4.1 NC, but again Front End cant seem to detect the 7.4.1 NC addon, despite reinstalling a bunch of times. I also messed with the files by deleting 7.4.1 from the folder and when i do that it just goes, cant find nothing.

3. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Are you trying to add 7.4.1NC to 7.4.0?

If the version you have activated is not NC the NC add on will not show in the drop down.

The add on must match the module, be it NC or no NC.

4. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

^ Yes.

If you install the standard (7.4.0) base mod, you can only install patches/add-ons for that mod (7.4.1).

If you install the NC (7.4.0 NC) base mod, you can only install patches/add-ons for that mod (7.4.1 NC).

You can't install an NC patch (7.4.1 NC) onto a standard mod (7.4.0). The front end is limiting you correctly and won't allow it.

If you want to play the NC mod, download, install, and activate 7.4.0 NC per instructions, then download, install, and activate the 7.4.1 NC patch/add-on per instructions.

5. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Hi all, Well I have been away from the game until recently. Been playing 7.4 but keep restarting parties for one reason or another, so never made it to Verbobanc. I just saw the notice about the patch and went to download it. I have NC and that is the patch I have. Now after I start the exe and get the front end, I do NOT get the option to activate the patch. I do have it loading up in my Gog game file, and I do make sure to change the default from the atari to the gog file.

When I do start the front end, it still shows 7.4 and on start up the banner still shows 7.4 when the game is running, so I do believe nothing happened when I opened the patch.

If I am missing an obvious step, please enlighten me. I would like to finally start a party and play it through, and having some of the major NC fights buggered would be a pisser.

Thanks for any suggestions of bops on the head.

6. dale5351

dale5351 Established Member

I am also wondering if something did not work with 7.4.1 NC.

I have downloaded a file called:
    Circle of Eight Add-On 7.4.1 NC Setup.exe
    which is 484 KB in size.

I had installed 7.4.0 NC using something called Desura (the usual links would not work for me at the time).

When I go to the 7.4.1 setup and execute it, the setup seems to work -- but when I look at the listing presented in the ToEEFEX, it still says 7.4.0 NC. The opening screen says the same when the game starts.

Did I do something wrong, or does the 7.4.1NC patch not change the version number?

7. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Please review the add-on module installation instructions. They are really quite simple.

The patch version number (7.4.1) is not updated in TFE-X, but it is updated in-game (splash screen, Help).

8. dale5351

dale5351 Established Member

Thanks -- I don't recall seeing those instructions. I downloaded the patch from the banner at the top of the page, and then double clicked on the setup file to install. I did not know about the additional step in the front end to apply add-on module -- until now.

9. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I cannot recommend it enough, reading the The Circle of Eight Modpack Explained thread will make anyone's gaming experience soooooooo much easier and less frustrating.

You can click on the yellow text, or the BANNER at the bottom of each of Gaear's posts. :)

10. Warhammer3025

Warhammer3025 Member

Yep i had the wrong patch/mod downloaded. Once i DLed and install 7.4.1 NC it fixed it all up. Only sad part is that Mathel's remains doesnt drop the good stuff anymore, oh well, gotta find other places to metagame instead ;)

Our Host!