What's next after TOEE?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by caltino, Aug 7, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. silo25

silo25 Established Member

story is still one of the best, switching between 3 classes imo was a pain , the controls are like BG id still give it an 8-10

2. Satyros

Satyros Member

Well ok , I guess there are some things to look forward to , after many long years of mediocrity .

However Baldur's Gate can't count exactly as a new game and Wasteland and Shadowrun Returns aren't D&D ( for which I have a soft spot for years now , well over a decade ) so this is why I expressed a bit of negativity on the state of TOEE and wished the good people here would make everything nice and clean , even now .

If this game was released ok , instead of "not ok" , it could have easily been a turning point in the way c:RPG's were made .

This was the first time D&D was transferred on screen with such ( rules ) accuracy .

It should have succeeded . It would have been glorious .

I got sad now .

3. hellblazer

hellblazer Established Member

What if it was released on December 16th 2003 instead of Sep 16, 2003 and the reviews went on metacritic went from 71 avg to 81 avg or more? What if IGN, Gamespot, and PCgamer went from 75, 79, 79, to 85, 89, 89 with headlines of "the return of the gold box era" and "modern gold box era?" Do you want to adventure in forgotten realms or greyhawk? How about a ravenloft two game series?

4. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Here's an exciting release of an old school type RPG, reminiscent of Might and Magic.

It has the forward looking first person screen with the team listed below, turn based combat and you have to train with a trainer to gain your levels.

It's called Swords and Sorcery Underworld.

There's a free demo for you to try out, it took me all of 10 minutes to know I wanted this game.

Check it out and give your feedback.

Demo Video

5. Sachmo

Sachmo Knight of the Crown

Wow, that brought back so many memories of Bards Tale 3 on the C64.

6. dale5351

dale5351 Established Member

I see some good suggestions here. Let me add mine, sort of referred to in part above. I played with Heros of Might & Magic (HOMM) for years. Except for the campaigns that come with it, there is very little plot -- but plenty of tactical and strategic turn based playing with some character development. Take a look on various gaming sites for HOMM IV and HOMM V. HOMM VI is out, but requires a higher level video card than I have -- which is why I am here :-}}

A couple of Amazon links for you:
    http://tinyurl.com/9ynl5zo
    (HOMM III & IV, complete with expansion packs for the grand old price of $5.25 + 3.99 S&H)
    and
    http://tinyurl.com/9sjc7z8
    (HOMM V, complete, at $12.90 -- free shipping if order $25 or more).

In addition to the games and maps on the disks, there are web sites and forums devoted to talk and with user made maps you can play.

Each map might take only a few hours to play -- but as I said, I played the games for years.

7. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I still think Sword and Sorcery Underworld, which is in fact a new game recently developed by an indie company offers a great deal of fun for your $19.99.

The support and staff at their forums are pretty cool too. ;)

8. silo25

silo25 Established Member

Our Host!