Some questions about the modpack, and gameplay.

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by scubamatt, Sep 18, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. scubamatt

scubamatt Member

I recently saw ToEE on sale at GOG.com, and in a fit of nostalgia, I bought it. I then noticed someone on those forums suggetsed the Co8 modpack, which I downloaded and installed last night. I want to thank you all so much for the hard work that must have gone into making and maintaining the modpack!

I have a bunch of questions that I haven't been able to find answers for in the forums (etc), and I have not seen a 'modpack version' of the game manual (if there is, please point me to it!)

1. In ToEE, do reach weapons work on adjacent targets? (As I recall, in the PNP version they did not, except the Spiked Chain).

2. Can druids use other weapons if they get proficiency from some other class/source? (Like the longsword & long bow from Elven racial benefit, or a greatsword if the druid MC'd into Fighter, for example)

3. There are a ton of new weapons in the modpack, but I cannot find a list of their stats/proficiency requirements. This means that I am unsure if they can be used by classes with specific "allowed weapons" (Druid, Wizard, Monk, Rogue, etc). Is there an up to date list of what weapons each class is allowed to use?

4. relating to #3 above, can a Druid use a Longspear without penalty? It's not listed in the original manual, but I have seen many references to people using it with a druid.

Thanks!

2. Goshi3156

Goshi3156 Dire Badger

Yes they do. This makes them a little bit too powerful though.

They're all listed here.
    http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5081

All the weapons are based of weapons in the core material so just look at the SRD if you're unsure at what classes are proficient with.
    http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Yep, they should be able to use a longspear without any penalties.

3. scubamatt

scubamatt Member

Thank you for the prompt reply!

Hmmm...Looking at the d20SRD website, it shows the same list for Druid (etc) as the original ToEE manual does - longspear and such aren't listed at all anywhere. Still, the list of proficiencies looks great and gives me a much better idea of what I should take/avoid.

4. nyarlathotep

nyarlathotep Merry Murder Maniac

It does state they can use a shortspear & a normal spear... so it would be rather strange if they would not be able to use a longspear :shrug:

5. scubamatt

scubamatt Member

Tested it last night, they are in fact able to use the longspear as a druid, and the other racial/granted proficiencies. This is different from PNP, but makes me happy in ToEE.

Now if I could figure out how to respec a feat that I took by accident, I'd be golden, LOL.

6. Goshi3156

Goshi3156 Dire Badger

Our Host!