Circle of Eight Modpack v7 / v7 NC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by UncleBuck, Dec 2, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. chano

chano Established Member

Strange thing,, i was hit several times by the spiders in the grove but not once poisoned then again at the moathouse i was hit 3 times by the viper and not once did it poison me.
    Is this just good luck?
    Usually i always get poisoned at every hit.

/Chano

2. Goshi3156

Goshi3156 Dire Badger

Check the rolls history. In order to be affected by a poisonous weapon or bite the target must fail a Fortitude save.

3. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

What's happened to the level dependent XP modifier in 7.4.0 NC? A 3rd level character with 6412XPs is earning precisely the same XPs from killing a monster as the 4 4th level characters in the same party also with 6412XPs - very irritating if you're saving up for crafting....

4. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

The XP differentiation starts at level 5 IIRC. The exact table used by ToEE was posted here sometime, look it up.

5. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

I can confirm the XP differentiation kicking in at 5th, since I just advanced to that level and watched the XP for harpies drop from 80 to 75 each.

6. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

Sorry hadn't realised - surprised I didn't notice in the years I've been playing....... I expected a table much less gradual than Table 2-6 (DMG p38)

7. shapecharge

shapecharge Established Member

Chano,
    By chance did you have Fruella in your party. I played through earlier with my six guys and beat lareth, but was just to weak to get by the ambush and black widows on the way out.

Went back to a second level save and picked up Fruella and Zert for some muscle. I know on my first play through the moathouse I would get poisioned as usual, this time fruella would get hit and not poisioned, looked in the rolls menu and she never made a Fort save its like she is immuned to poision...zert and my players fort saves as usual..just trying to look for a commen denominator I remember reading your post just before I went back to get fruella and it was funny I wasn't poisioned on this second go around either.

8. Kilraven

Kilraven Chaotic Good Lich

Made a clean install of 7.4 NC,

During the final moathouse battle, the small and medium fiendish spiders that Lareth summons to the right of his room attacked each other until one was dead.

The survivor then joined in the battle and attacked normally.

The the medium spider would also sometimes attack the crossbowman in the corner.
    (if he moved)

Played the battle five times, 3 times the small spider won, twice the medium spider won.

9. shapecharge

shapecharge Established Member

I have had this happen to me both just yesterday, during the Lareth fight and also a couple times in the past during 7.3 as well seems they are a third party that will attack either side and each other not sure if this is by design.

10. chano

chano Established Member

No Fruella, just my own guys.
    I have always wondered about poison in the game because i have in earlier version always never made my saving throw and now i make it 6 times in a row,, well no bug it seems just good fortune.

11. Goshi3156

Goshi3156 Dire Badger

The mugshots for new NPCs in the Verbobonc sewers don't seem work with the IWD portrait pack. They appear as black squares with a mouse pointer when the pack is installed.

As for the Verbobonc sewers...

*Spoiler Warning*
    Wow... its big. Really big.

Its also fittingly dark, depressing and gloomy. I even got branded as a Sewer Rat for entering them too many times... that's... not a good title to have. Man... the things my party has to do to uphold justice...

I can't seem to find the two kids though. I've combed nearly the entire place even with Invisibility Purge and True Seeing. I did find the supposed culprit at least. Maybe that will just have to do =/
    *End Spoilers*

12. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

None of the portrait packs have been updated for 7.4 yet.

13. Gaear

Anybody currently playing 7.4 should install this patch to prevent Wakefield being a no-show during WotGS.

Patch includes:

Wakefield fix (WotGS)
    Cave Blockage fix (Hickory Branch)

14. Leimrey

Leimrey Member

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but here it goes. I'm currently playing the Co8 7.2.0 NC version modpack and I was wondering whether it is possible to somehow upgrade to 7.4 NC without losing my saves. I know that saves are incompatible across different modules (i.e. 6.0 saves are incompatible with 7.0), but does this apply to my case (transfer of saves from 7.2 to 7.4) as well? Thank you in advance.

15. Gaear

Unfortunately yes - they are not compatible.

Our Host!