Circle of Eight Modpack v7 / v7 NC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by UncleBuck, Dec 2, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

2. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

Yeah, I have been trying this but it isn't working. I cannot change from 5 PCs at all. Even if I set the front end at 3 or 4, it stays 5. If I set it to 6, 7, or 8 it stays at 5. If I try to use the book in Hommlette the character appears, but I cannot interact with him/her.
    If I drop back to 7.3.3, then I can set the max party size to whatever I want.

3. shapecharge

shapecharge Established Member

I downloaded 7.4 today and set my frountend at 7-1 and had no issue, if you switched back to 7.3 and tried and then back to 7.4 you have already tried reactivating the module so not sure what the issue is except it seems unique to your computer. Remember is you go over 5 charecters on the frount end it will still only show 5 boxes when you form your party but if you add more then 5 they will be there when you start adventuring.

4. sonofliberty

Except they are not.

5. sonofliberty

I just ended up reinstalling which fixed it. Weird

6. chip

chip Member

Got real excited when the banner popped up for the vew version

Decided to do a clean install of everything

Jewel case ToEE

Atari patch 1

Atari patch 2

New Co8 7.4.0

clicked play

the load/new screen comes up.....

and wait

and wait

nope it is locked

any ideas?

Win7 64

Tried 1280 x 1024 and 1024 x 768 same thing

worked fine with 7.3.3 but no dice with 7.4.0

7. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

Strange - I've encountered this once in a blue moon with all versions of Co8 modpack but NEVER twice in succession!!

I have always found that when this happens clicking the left-hand mouse button once or twice freed everything up.

I cannot comment on your specification as I am only running XP (beats Vista not running though.....)

8. Goshi3156

Goshi3156 Dire Badger

So every now and then my roll history window starts to give me distorted text.

[​IMG]

It doesn't seem to be harmful (Though sometimes it makes certain text unclickable) but it looks really creepy. Anyone know what causes this? It occurs in 7.3.3 as well.

9. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Gaear: In the process of doing a full reinstall to load 7.4, I gave vanilla (straight from GOG) a look before installing the modpack. The creation screen rays from the upper left were present there as well, so it must be a video driver issue. Full screen is back in all it's glory, to include now working at my monitor's native 1600x900 resolution. Thank you again!

10. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

You're welcome, but it was nothing I did. ;)

Also not anything we have ever done or will do. Die rolls and what the rolls window displays specifically are core engine stuff that we never touch, nor can we in any practical sense. That problem has been seen before, and I would guess it's just that some core mechanic has been corrupted somehow. I would suggest a reinstall if you ever run into it.

Thirdly, not anything down to the mod and almost surely something particular to your system. If the game worked with 7.3.3, that means it can work with 7.4.0 so I would just fiddle with it until it does. See the Co8 Modpack Explained thread for some good general tips on what and what not do do with your game, like not installing to the Program Files directory with Vista or 7.

11. Hisomu

Hisomu Carrion Crawler

Hi manz. What are the differences between version 7.2 and 7.4? New spells, new location etc? Or new version contains only bugfixes?

12. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Actually, it was the instructions from your specific post in the widescreen thread that showed me how to get 1600x900 to work. You may not have thought them up originally, but you at least put them in a convenient place for me to find, so you get some well deserved credit either way. :thumbsup:

13. chip

chip Member

Yep, read the thread

Installed in C: under Atari/temple of elemental evil/

Oh well, back to 7.3.3 I guess unless someone has something not in the Co8 Modpack explained thread

Thanks for the try though

When the cursor locks not much you can do

Maybe I should slap together a machine from old parts just to run ToEE under 98

That could be fun in and of itself :)

14. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Co8 ModPack Release notes.

Look for the version you have and compare to the version in question.

Click on the yellow text.

15. wasbear

wasbear Member

I'm curious, Gaear, are you planning on expanding/adding the new content in Verbobonc in future versions of the Modpack? What else is planned for 7.5/8.0?

Our Host!