The worst physical pain you have endured?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rocktoy, Aug 3, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. Hugh Manetee

Hugh Manetee Established Member

The first thing my brother's wife did, after the birth of their first child, was grab his hand and bite it as hard as she could.

2. whatsername74

whatsername74 The Poison Woman

It was like having a bad trip

3. Rocktoy

Rocktoy Established Member

That kinda corroborates my theory based on personal experience: while under the effects of combat drugs/hormones (natural and/or synthetic) one is able to ignore the pain caused by soft tissue trauma, but not the pain related to broken bones. Anyways, I never really believed in the legend, sounded too good to be true. Just like the one that said one will never hear the whistle of the artillery/mortar shells falling directly to one’s pot hole.

Ahh, so true.

That sounds scary, was it anything like sinusitis?

My doctor said that I must make sure that my knee holds its natural movement, never mind the pain. If the movement is hindered it will later cause problems with hip, lower back and other knee. Luckily the torn in my ligament was minor and there was only a bruising in my shinbone as a secondary injury. No surgery was needed and three weeks of leave seems to have made the difference. Well, tomorrow I will (hopefully) have my last doctor’s appointment on this matter.

Burns are annoying, but not that painful. A decade ago I passed over a radiator and in the morning I had a blister of the size and shape of an index finger on my left arm. It didn’t hurt, only itched. The pain came later, but was only an annoyance. My brother works as an ER/ambulance doctor and he said that bad burns are rarely painful, since the nerves tend to burn too. Although, patients with more than 65% of their skin burned, rarely survive.

True. My point of this thread was to get some idea of other people’s thresholds, if others experience pain as I do or do not. Morbid, as I said.

Thank you. September 18th I have been called again. Somehow, the older I get the less enthusiastic I grow. Nevertheless, go I shall.

ps. Someone mentioned toothache? That is truly agonizing. But I didn’t mention it; in my case toothache is voluntary. Before my root canal treatment I suffered three days, only because of my irrational phobia of dentists…

4. Rocktoy

shapecharge: this is for you and for all those who lost friends and brothers on foreign sands. Nevermind the infractions. Salute! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6tsnoKu1pI

edit. No offence indented. War is Hell. Hail for the fallen brethren. Nasty pictures, great song. Salute to the veterans.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  5. Rocktoy

To set my consciousness at rest I must say this. When I posted that video all I wanted was to honor those few brave enough to put their lives on the line for others. I watched that video again and I am afraid it can be interpreted more anti- than pro- troops. This was never my intention. I may disagree with the policies of foreign governments as with domestic one. But I am neither a hippie nor a draft dodger. I never intended to insult any grunts, I have nothing but the highest respect to them. One as I am. My apologies, though I think it is still a great song. No?

6. Tom3

Tom3 Member

I am Kidney stone prone. I've probably had 15 or so. I changed my diet, no longer drink sodas and drink a ton of water every day. This last May I had a center-meter and a half Kidney stone. They broke it up a Tallahassee Memorial Hospital. The next day I couldn't urinate so they put a folie catheter in and then the next joy really began. All those little pieces from the broken up Kidney stone had tho work their way out. I was in sheer pain for about 12 hours in TMH. They wouldn't give me a pain killer because there might be another procedure. Finally a Doctor said no, I didn't need another procedure so they gave me pain killers (thank God). Probably more than anyone would want to know but I've had other things but nothing I've ever experienced was more painful than all those small pieces of a larger kidney stone working its way out. I hope none of you ever have to experience anything like this.

7. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Man!

I would MUCH rather get shot again rather than going through that.

Owwwwww it hurts just thinking about it.

Our Host!