Co8 New Content: Hickory Branch

Discussion in 'New Content Subdirectories' started by Gaear, Mar 22, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. theEarlofSandwich

theEarlofSandwich Fridge Raider

I am playing ToEE 7.3.0NC on the GOG version. I have also come across the Herdsman, his son and a Hommlet village boy in Lord Hungous' cave after leaving HB and then returning. I keep trying to keep the 3 of them alive during the melee, fail, and then get the Butcher of Hommlet rep. Is there anything I can do about this, aside from starting from a much earlier save and testing it out?

2. theEarlofSandwich

So I tried to get clever, prepped a bunch of web & sleep spells, intending on knocking out the villagers before dealing with the orcs. I arrived at the cave blockage to find it back in place after my initial attack on it. It is now "dead" at -10 hp, and I cannot attack it to get to the cave entrance. Anyone know a workaround (or solution!) for this situation?

3. licker

licker Member

You should be able to click on the door behind the block...

At least I can in my games.

4. theEarlofSandwich

Thanks Licker. I gave it a try and it it worked.

Gonna try putting the villagers to sleep and see if I can still win the fight. It certainly adds a level of complexity. Laszlo just stands there, does nothing, and is not targeted by the orcs. The two boys read as red circle enemies for the purposes of targeting my own area spells. The village boys also attack my party, but are in turn attacked by the orcs, so I'm trying to defend the boys, avoid cleaving them unintentionly and still deal with Hungous's horde. It's actually a fun challenge, but I'm sure I should probably just revert to an earlier save....

5. theEarlofSandwich

Well, the sleep spell worked on the village boys. But....It turned Elmo against my party, and the Hungous + all lieutenants + Elmo fight was not one my 4 lvl 6 party members were going to win. In addition, both times I tried this tactic I CTD'ed. So I have deleted all of my HB saves and I'm going to try w/o Elmo in the party and see what happens...

6. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

If you're careful, you can off the lieutenants one (or two) at a time before you see Hunguous. That makes for a much easier fight at the end. You can also attack him before clearing the rest of the map.

7. chano

chano Established Member

Do you have to leave and go back to HB to get the villagers to appear there or do you need to do some other stuff before going there?

I played through 7.3.3 and eventhough there were changes here and there but i never saw any hommletguys at HB

8. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Yes - the best solution to this problem is to use the 7.3.3 patch. The Hommletians will definitely be gone from HB with any new games started, and they'll probably even be gone with existing games as long as you haven't been into the cave yet.

9. theEarlofSandwich

I deleted all of my HB saves, dropped Elmo from my party and re-did HB. When I went back to the cave, after leavning, the villagers were gone and there were no other scripting issues.

I think I am at a good point to download 7.3.3 and try my game from there.....

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions!

10. theEarlofSandwich

BTW, as an additional note, when I did have the villagers in the HB cave, I also had an issue with the HB location map, at a certain point my party would clear areas, but the location map remained black. Otherwise, it did not affect gameplay....

11. chano

chano Established Member

Ok, i thought i was missing out on some sidequest.

12. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Question for the players: has the HB cave blockage been joining combat outside the cave right along (along with the ogre and orcs)?

(It's not supposed to.)

13. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Yes it has.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't mention it, or even notice it. It's a good thing you know EXACTLY what to ask us.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  14. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

Yes, but that is ok imo.

15. shapecharge

shapecharge Established Member

yes it has been

Our Host!