Games Similar to ToEE

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Th3A1chemist, Jun 28, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. Illustair

Illustair First Order Wizard

And that I will do. I guess it also helps to have Liam Neeson look-alike in JABiA trailer. :p Man, it sure is hard to juggle between PS:T, Lionheart, TOEE, Arcanum, KotOR 2 tslrcm, JABiA, and academic thesis.haha

Divine Divinity also counts for something by the way. Didn't get to finish the game, but IIRC it was a nice game. Nothing like TOEE since it is basically Diablo 2 but with much more branching dialogue.

Here's the latest of Divinity series - the upcoming Divinity Original Sin. Looks promising. It looks like what Diablo 3 should have had been.

EDIT: I almost forgot. Take a look at Freedom Force also. If you want a superhero strategy + RPG (reminds me of Jagged Alliance) with witty, humorous, and comic dialogue and atmosphere. Also boasts a good engine with a wonderfully crafted 3D and fully destructible environment. You can even add your custom hero to the campaign IIRC and shape him to whatever you want, he can fly, levitate, shoot beams, mind control, use telekinetic powers...there are hundreds more to choose from. Stats also matter: the higher the speed, the better you are at dodging projectiles; the more strength, the further you can knock back opponents with your punch or can throw a car or any other in-game objects. You can also issue commands while paused (quasi-real time Baldur's Gate) which is also helpful. Also has a decent storyline. What a gem!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  2. Tchos

Tchos Member

I have Divine Divinity, but haven't played much of it. I understand it's supposed to be very rich and in-depth, though its camera angle was very strange. Not isometric. Similar, but somehow wrong. I loved Divinity 2 as an action-RPG. That article you linked has me looking forward to Divinity: Original Sin!

3. Ank

Ank Established Member

Speaking of tbs games some more worth a look :
    Silent storm& exp pack (resembles FOT & JA)
    Etherlords 1&2 (mostly 2 ) rather hard to describe ... resembles magic the gathering and is rly addictive ..... (on hardest difficulty provides a rly hardcore challenge even to the smartest of use :evil_laug )
    The Battle Wesnoth is free &cross platform, has solo&multiplayer modes and is a personal favorite of mine.
    Anyways im probably forgetting a few others worth mentioning but the ones above really deserve some attention :yes:

4. Oleg Ben Loleg

Oleg Ben Loleg Established Member Supporter

5. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

+1 to Knights of the Chalice.

Its sequel is scheduled out by the end of next year after about a decade in development!

Our Host!