Circle of Eight Modpack v7 / v7 NC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by UncleBuck, Dec 2, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Versions 7.3 and 7.3 NC are up on ModDB awaiting authorization. Keep your eyes out for the green-and-go. :)

[​IMG]

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Just thought I'd point out ...

Do you see anything out of place with this sentence on ModDB where it lists the fixes;

Fixed wepaon property type proto errors with Silver Sword of Chaos and various other custom protos.

Listed under general.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. :p

3. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

Is 7.3.0NC available?

I can only find 7.2.0NC on ModB sirchet and the spelling of weapon seems OK in the release notes for that???

4. hellblazer

hellblazer Established Member

I only see 7.2.0 too.

5. Gaear

Sorry, ModDB did the customary wait-for-a-day-to-authorize-while-eating-chips-and-playing-Diablo 3 thing but now it's there. :p

6. kungfuramone

kungfuramone Member

Sweet. Looking forward to giving 7.3 a run.

Possibly-out-of-date question: can you upgrade from a 7.x version to another 7.x version with your saves / party intact? I know that didn't used to be possible in earlier versions, but I thought I'd seen references to an in-place upgrade somewhere else on the forum (which, of course, I can't find now...)

I'm currently fairly far along in a 7.1 game and it would be nice to be able to just keep going with my existing party rather than starting over with an all-new one in 7.3.

7. Gaear

No-can-do with save games. Sometimes you can with little patches (like the Nulb patch), but never from modpack version to modpack version.

Characters should probably be okay but we make no guarantees.

8. knightnday

knightnday Member

I just started a new game with 7.3 and wanted to report the following:

1. The clothing 'gear' was missing from the shop map. No chests at all, and I didn't find the gear anywhere else.

2. I was unable to rest on that map as well.

We'll see how things go from here. Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

9. hellblazer

hellblazer Established Member

I noticed the same 2 things but didn't want to complain.

10. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

Yes, it sucks that spellcasters can't rest on the shop map. They leave naked while fighters get to use their swords and axes.

11. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Same issues here, but I don't usually start with spell casters anyway.

12. Gaear

Sorry everybody, here are the fixes in the form of real-for-sure addon module installation utilities:

*See banners at top of page for latest modpacks and patches*

These work just like regular modpack installation utilities: just download them, double click on them, and follow directions.

These fixes are pretty much mandatory. However, you can apply these addon modules and resume existing games with no fear. The one caveat is that if you want the Shopmap clothing chests to appear, you will have to start a new game.

Don't skip adding these, because very nearly all resting as relates to Co8 custom content will be wrecked in your game without these fixes.

This whole issue came about as a result of the reordering of nearly all Co8 custom maps in 7.3.0 for future game area streamlining.

~

Note: I am going to be out of town and not on the boards for a few days, so if the community elders and responsible citizens among you could shepherd all the lost souls who come here looking for help to these files - and even tell those who may be unaware that they need them, that would be great. :)

13. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

The installer finishes suspiciously quickly, and there's no "7.3.1" in TFE-X to activate. When I hit "play" and start a new game, the problems persist. I'm trying to activate a different module now to reactivate 7.3.0 later.

14. Gaear

You have to follow the install an addon module instructions. With 7.3.0 acrtive, click addon modules and select 7.3.1.

15. knightnday

knightnday Member

So, restarted with 7.3.1 and have a new issue: the entrance to Welkwood Bog (when you speak to the Captain) is not there. After starting 3 new games, I'm relatively sure it isn't me! Just tossing this out to see if anyone else is having issues.

Our Host!