Moon Ivy Armor

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Runiel, May 28, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. Runiel

Runiel Member

This is probably a known thing or my eyes are playing tricks on me, but here it goes anyway...

Why is the regular Moon Ivy Armor almost the same price as the Masterwork version? :dizzy:

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Masterwork armor is always 150 gp more than regular. According to the Arms and Equipment Guide, Moon Ivy goes for 16,000 gp, so ours was a bit overpriced at 16,600. Masterwork should thus be 16,150 gp (not our 16,660, lol).

I do kind of wonder if there should even be such a thing as Masterwork Moon Ivy though.

3. Runiel

Runiel Member

Ah, I see. I didn't expect the regular Moon Ivy to be so expensive.

Maybe Ah Fong has some "exotic" pricing going on with his imported fancy items. For instance, with my Appraisal skill around 10 points Bark Armor costs 5gp while the Masterwork version is 695gp and Shell Armor is 28gp/695gp, which seems reasonable.
    However, with the Moon Ivy Armor the regular one is 19,090gp and the masterwork one is 19159gp. Considering the added spell-casting capabilities of the masterwork version the regular one is way overpriced.

4. Philip

Philip Gruff Warrior

I'd have thought that along with certain other classes of armor, the only version that should exist is already masterwork, with no diminished or enhanced version.

5. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

Do you have the glasses that help the appraise skill, or the balance scales? I use both and they stack. When I do my original outfitting, I buy the glasses before anything else. You can get the balance scales at the traders in Hommlette.

6. Gaear

Yeah, if it's magical at all, it should already have the Masterwork property and be craftable. I'll look into that.

I'll make sure these prices are normalized as well.

7. Runiel

Runiel Member

I agree. I also can't see any reason, aside from some REALLY EXTREME roleplaying choice, where someone would purchase the diminished Moon Ivy instead of the better one selling for a few more gold coins.

Yes, I have the Eyeglasses and the Merchant's Scales. It's just that I just started a new game using the newest mod version, so my party is still low level.

8. Gaear

Okay, I have updated Moon Ivy armor as follows, per the Arms and Equipment Guide.

There are now four varieties - regular, Poison Ivy, Exploding Spores, and Pheromones. There is no masterwork variety, as I see no indication anywhere that it should be craftable. It appears to simply be an exotic armor.

1. Regular: has spell casting ability and charisma bonus removed. Just lightweight and +4 AC.
    2. Poison Ivy: has ability to cast Poison once per day added. Costs 500 gp more.
    3. Exploding Spores: has ability to cast Stinking Cloud once per day added. Costs 500 gp more.
    4. Pheromones: gives a charisma bonus of +3. Costs 500 gp more.

The spell-casting abilities are of course just substitutes for what they would really do in a PnP game. The charisma bonus is only supposed to last for 3 hours per day but meh.

All varieties are greatly reduced in frequency of occurrence, as they should be rare. Regular will appear at Ah Fong's 20% of the time, while the others will appear 10% of the time.

These updates will appear in v7.3.0.

~

Other notes:

Dwarven Stone Armor is supposed to be extremely rare, so I've given it a 10% chance at Ah Fong's, with the masterwork variety getting a 5% chance.

Reduced the armor bonus of Bark Armor to +2 per the AEG.

Reduced frequency of Bondleaf Wrap at Ah Fong's from 50% to 20%.

Raised price of Lamellar Armor from 100 gp to 150 per AEG. (Masterwork raised from 250 to 300.)

Reduced weight of Shell Armor from 39 lbs. to 20 lbs. per AEG.

9. sonofliberty

Will the exploding spores version be usable by druids now? Whenever I equip my druid with moon ivy she only gets the poison option. If I give it to my rogue/mage she gets the stinking cloud option.

10. Gaear

Hm, that I don't know offhand. I assume it would controlled by normal class restrictions/conditions re: armor weight.

11. sonofliberty

Currently, I can switch the exact same armor between the two characters. The druid only gets the poison spell, the mage gets stinking cloud. I run a "good" group, so we don't use poison(NG aligned, no poison for RP especially with a paladin in the group). I would prefer to have the stinking cloud option and just leave the armor on my druid.

Our Host!