Circle of Eight Modpack v7 / v7 NC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by UncleBuck, Dec 2, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

As my group of evil doers made their way through the Viscount's main assembly room on their way to his office, they were stopped by a guard that that apparently taken an arrow to his knee and was no longer fit to fight on the front. :evilgrin:

I find this Astounding! How many arrows had we seen as adventurers and we were still on the very most front line of all the goings on. :yikes:

I think maybe this guy was never cut out to be anything more than a guard to start out with.

PS ... Thanks for fitting this in Maestro. :joy:

2. emo_ome

emo_ome Butcher Of Hommlet

Re: Circle of Eight Modpack v7 / v7 NC Bug Report Thread

That Traders blue dot & Elmo's thing also occurred to me.
    I've never played evil side before. So, does the "Initiate of Assassin's Group" acquirable after you killed Kenter Nevets?

3. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

After having to work last weekend, I was finally able to do a full re-install from GOG, Gamefront, and the latest patch here. I still have the problem with the rays from the upper left corner on the creation screen that my old computer never had. I also have to enable the intro movies to avoid freezing on the intro menu screens (i.e. "Iron Man" or "Normal"). This computer is still less than a month old, so I don't think there are any updates for the video card yet (a stock Intel HD).

4. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

And I just verified the Alt-Tab problem is still with me, too. This is where only a tiny square in the upper left corner displays at all when returning from an Alt-Tab shift to another program.

5. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Now that I'm up and running 7.2, I've discovered something that seems to be different from earlier versions with regard to the "Carpenter's Dilemma" quest. Did the diplomacy check difficulty when talking to
    Terjon
    go up? I used to be able to complete this quest without going through the
    Fruella
    sub-plot, but I'm not getting the diplomatic response I'm used to. Maybe I just held off on doing that quest until I had several levels (and more ranks of Diplomacy) under my belt last time.

6. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

In 7.0/7.1 and 7.2, I always had to wait until second level. Using a faceman with 18 cha and maxed
    diplomacy skill of 8 (iirc)
    I could not get it done at first level. I always did
    the fruella quest
    anyway.
    She is a great meatshield and I love that cleaver. My face character mends his heart with Meleny though they never actually marry

7. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

I just tried it at second level with
    maxed Diplomacy and an 18 CHA (9 total), with both Borton and Erliter converted
    , and I still don't get the diplomatic choice with
    Terjon
    . I'm going to hold off until third level and try again.

Last edited: May 28, 2012
  8. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

I thought you needed a HUGE diplomacy score to complete the carpenter's dilemma quest via the "You are a hypocrite Terjon" route. I thought the whole point of this line was that otherwise Rev T didn't count people whom you had already converted BEFORE you brought up the Conversion to Old Faith conversation.

I arranged for Erliter's conversion prior to visiting Terjon and then had to trade Jakk Borton for Marek

9. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

No, nothing has changed with that for quite some time (if not ever) afaik.

10. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Thanks for the confirmation, Gaear. I should hit 10 next level, and that may be the threshold.

11. kungfuramone

kungfuramone Member

Hi all,

Weird (I'm-pretty-sure-it's-a) bug here: playing NC 7.1, as far as the Moathouse Respawn, level up to 8 after defeating the witch + her crew. I can level all of my party members up normally except my monk; there, the selection of classes is limited to about half of them, and monk, cleric, and a few others are unavailable to select. His alignment is (and always has been) LN and he's got good attributes across the board. Does anybody know why I wouldn't be able to add another level of monk? Anyone run into a similar problem before, whether with a monk or a different class?

If necessary, I can just add a new character to the party and console the new character up to the same level, but that would fall well within the "lame workaround" camp. ;)

TIA!
    -KFR

12. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

Did you level up as a class other than monk after you became a monk?

13. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

To clarify: Once you choose a non-monk level after being a monk, you can no longer level as a monk. Being Lawful precludes being a Bard or a Barbarian.

14. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

But if he's unable to select either cleric or monk as a level-up option, he has something else going on.

kungfuramone, can you give us the specific class/level breakdown of this character?

15. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

Wouldn't I be right in thinking that a character who chose Deity:None would be barred from subsequently taking levels of cleric?

Our Host!