Circle of Eight Modpack v7 / v7 NC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by UncleBuck, Dec 2, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

That's original ToEE music that was 'reassigned' quite some time ago. (Originally ToEE's music was kind of hodge-podge; now it's more location-specific. That combat music is now the Nulb environs combat music, mainly because it was deduced that it was originally intended that way because it's called 'nulb_combat_loop.' ;) In vanilla, that piece wasn't used at all.

@Thanlok, you're gamearea.mes file is correct, which is just more reason to believe that your temple.dll file is not. (temple.dll does a wide variety of things in the game; among them it determines world map locations.) One thing you could try would be to 'install' (extract) the contents of the modpack to some location other than where your game is, then go there and grab temple.dll and copy it over to your real game installation location. If you do this, watch Windows closely to see if it does anything to the file, like delete it. If it doesn't and everything appears normal, try launching the game and doing the game.areas[14] = 1 trick.

2. shiffd

shiffd Member

Done...I guess?
    So I got the WotGS then I went to verbabonc and fought the IUz avatars...very tuff at first...

I did some different things and found a way to beat them woohooo. somehwere along the line I did run into robinhood.

a few things never happened, and I am sure some of them should, and not sure about the rest

#1. never got any ghosts or anything of the such in the castle of lords.
    #2. never got any gremlich quest of any kind
    #3. never had alternate to killing Dwarves (that i could figure out) allthough they seem to be good aligned (by looking at equipment)
    #4. The Dwarf who I gave tools to never came to work for me to craft stuff like he said he would, coincidentally perhaps the new keep never got completed, not sure if its suppose to or not....

I'm thinking about trying 7.2, but maybe a bit early to play it through again...Really because I want to see that gremlich quest.
    Because I play on a Japanese PC and keyboard I can not use the cheat console to try the fix that I guess there is to try and get hte gremlich quest to occur. :( I'll have to eventually get myself a US keyboard somehow to play this game since the consol seems instrumental in navigating through bugs.

3. vonvalley

vonvalley Member

Re: Circle of Eight Modpack v7 / v7 NC Bug Report Thread

Ok. Like i said, i'm playing Co8 Mod v 7.1.0 NC. Here there are some bugs i found out:

Moathouse: i killed Lareth and the spiders on my way out. When i went out i met Turuko and Kobort with some mobs but they didn't attack me as expected. I had only 1 man alive of my team. When i spoke to them the dialogue was normal like when i was at the inn. I also noticed that the quest "clean the moathouse" was not completed even if i killed Lareth and picked up his diary. After i returned to Hommlet and then back again to the moathouse i find Kobort alone in front of the entrance and if i speak to him the dialogue is the same as the inn one.

Hickory Branch: I cleaned up the place and i gained the reputation of Orc Obliterator but when i go to Hommlet the NPCs want to kill me! Truth said, even the people of Nulb try to kill me now and i can't go on with the game.

Spells:

Magic Circle Against Evil: this spell doesn't have area effect as the description says. It only affects one friend or enemy target: if enemy it imprisons him, if friendly it's like protection from evil. It does nothing if a mob or ally enters the AoE, no spell resistance check, nothing.

Tree Shape: when the combat ends it disappears. Not sure it's a bug though.

Fearie Fire: It just does nothing.

Prayer: i noticed that when an enemy cast it, the little mark appears on the portrait side of buffs, not debuffs. I think it does not debuff the enemies applying the -1 penalty on the rolls.

Last thing: charmed animals don't do attacks of opportunity. Not sure if it's a bug or if it can be fixed. Just in case you missed it asd

EDIT: i killed again the bosses at Hickory Branch, gained the Orc Obliterator reputation but this time the people don't want to kill me. The only thing i changed is that i did the Imeryds Run quest before and i removed 2 NPCs (Serena and Furnok) from teh party. I dont think there is a connection though,

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  4. Ajantis

Ajantis Member

Hello Gaear
    I am having trouble installing I have the Front-End but...

This is an existing installation to which you are simply adding the Circle of Eight Modpack, simply select the Circle of Eight Modpack from the TFE-X menu and click 'activate.' This can also take some time. WAIT FOR THE POPUP WINDOW TO TELL YOU THAT THE MODULE ACTIVATION IS COMPLETE. DO NOT CTRL-ALT-DEL OUT OF THE TFE-X APPLICATION. After the module has been activated, you may customize various options through TFE-X and launch the game.

Also

The Circle of eight mod-pack never appears in the menu:errf:

Also could you make an install program that installs everything into TOEE making a seperate icon (the gray box) which you click to play Co8?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  5. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

Welcome to the forum, vonvalley, and thank you for your contribution to bug reporting with this game and mod. To respond to a few of your observations:

Except against the Gremlich!

The last time that my cleric cast Prayer, I noticed in the rolls history window that affected enemy characters were receiving the correct -1 penalty to their rolls. The last time that enemy clerics cast Prayer, I noticed in the rolls history window that my affected characters were all receiving the correct -1 penalty to their rolls. Unless the spell Prayer has been tampered with by the Circle of Eight team within the last 2 years or so, then the spell functions correctly.

6. Gaear

Was this an existing installation for you or a new one?

Do you have a file called 'Circle of Eight Modpack 7.1.0 NC.tfm' (or whichever version you're playing) in your ToEE root directory?

You may want to simply reinstall the mod via the downloaded installation utility, making sure that it is installed to your ToEE root directory.

7. vonvalley

vonvalley Member

Thank you gazra.

:questionm

Yes you are right. I checked out my rolls history and as you said it works correctly. When i had 2 Prayers on my characters, 1 friendly and 1 not, I thought it was counted as a double buff because the portrait mark was on the wrong side.

Other bugs (i think):

Remove Paralysis : doesn't remove paralysis

Remove Blindness/Deafness: doesn't remove blindness. Not tried with deafness.

Total Defense: a character still does attacks of opportunity while in TD but in the description says he shoudn't.

Wild Shape: a druid in wild shape slows down a lot but the speed value in the inventory is the same

Knock: i can target a door to open only if i come from certain directions. For example i approached a closed door from north east and i wasn't able to cast knock on it.

8. Gaear

I moved the above vonvalley posts here to GenComDis, since, while they may be bugs, they also involve discussion to determine bugginess. They'll do just as well here.

9. Gaear

FYI - I'm informally eyeballing April 24 for v7.2.0. It will feature only a few bugfixes (significant ones though), but also the new Verbobonc texture upgrades. :mrhappy:

(Also Winston's lizard man NPC, if I can get him in.)

10. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

Awww yeah. I'm definitely downloading 7.2.0

11. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Any luck with the WotGS jerkstop fix? If so, I'm deifinitely downloading 7.2.0...

12. Gaear

No, not yet.

13. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

I think I've narrowed it down to the Inn or the Grove being the source of the trouble, but not being a modder, that's about as far as I can go. If I notice anything else, I'll let you know.

14. Ajantis

Ajantis Member

I still havent played it yet but it is on my computer and I want to congratulat you for making it thank you

15. Gaear

Does anybody here have a jerkstop-ready save from 7.1 they could upload?

Our Host!