Characters are frozen in place in Homlett

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Mensch86, Mar 30, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. Mensch86

Mensch86 Member

I just rested at the Welcome Wench before heading of to the nodes again, but when I stepped outside the world was in some sort of time bubble or something. Everything was stuck like when u see npcs & objects but ur party isn't near them. Only my party was affected too and couldn't carry out any commands, be it moving or casting. I can bring up the world map and move to another location where everythings back to normal. Only Homlett seems to be stuck in time. Very strange and very annoying. Now I can't talk to smyth or destroy the orb which I was planning to do.

Is this a known bug?

2. Mensch86

Mensch86 Member

It obviously had something to do with the 2 npcs I rescued from the earth node. I dropped them both off in Homlett and after that everytime I would sleep at the Inn time would become frozen. Now I dropped the crazy one off in Nulb & Jaer in Homlett and I no longer get the bug.

EDIT: Sorry for my recent double-post-&-that's-it-threads. Just thought it'd be good if the people here knew about these bugs.

3. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

This is a known phenomena that seems to be associated with jerkstop, which is where movement commands terminate prematurely. You can escape both by leaving town via the world map.

4. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Does anybody else tend to get jerkstop with specific in NPCs in the party?

5. Mensch86

Mensch86 Member

Only that in this case the problem would persist even after leaving & returning to town. Once I had slept at the Inn the Time Bubble would be there always & forever.

6. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

7. Mensch86

Mensch86 Member

And ur game really did continue normally? U didn't get stuck in the Time Bubble when returning to Homlett? Cause that's what it was like for me.

8. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

I have run several parties with different NPCs, without anyone showing more JS than others, but I was not looking for it specifically. I do notice it more with larger parties, and lately I have been going with 3 or 4 man parties, and have been seeing it less often. The last time I had an 8 man party, I found that removing all of the animated sprites, like cloaks, robes, any burst weapons, things like that, helped eliminate JS.

I wonder if the smith pounding that hammer adds to the problem, as I noticed it more in the daytime, than at night.

9. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Unfortunately there have been people who are certain it only happens at night, lol. That's one of the problems with solving this thing - it's tough to pin down any real common threads.

10. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

Well, I only experienced jerkstop during the day outside the Inn of the Welcome Wench. I had a party that consisted of 6 player-made PCs (i.e. there were no NPCs in my party). I experienced both forms of jerkstop (i.e. when my characters stopped moving before they reached the destinations that I gave them, and when all of my characters were stuck in combat poses upon exiting the Inn of the Welcome Wench) (see the screenshots below for proof that jerkstop happened to me during the day and with PCs only)

Attached Files:

Our Host!