Bestow Curse - not enough time???

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Mensch86, Mar 25, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. Mensch86

Mensch86 Member

Ok, I noticed that it's not possible for me to use the spell Bestow Curse. When I select my target after I chose which curse I wanna use it says "Not enough time". I tried it after moving and before moving with the same result. I don't remember having this problem when I still played the 6.1 NC version of Co8. Sorry if this a known bug.

2. nyarlathotep

nyarlathotep Merry Murder Maniac

You are probably not close enough. There's quite some spells which demand you to be in close range to your target, plus needing a full round action.

Cure X Wounds won't work either if you're not close enough, and once you passed into the "yellow" zone, none of your spells will work

Pity my party isn't high enough in lvl, otherwise I could check it out. Though I hardly think Bestow Curse is a good combat spell...

3. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Now I might be wrong (can't check atm), but IIRC, Bestow Curse is touch range, and I *think* it's also a full round action spell. So you have to be standing next to the target and not have moved the round you try to use it.

4. Goshi3156

Goshi3156 Dire Badger

Bestow Curse is indeed a Touch spell. You need to be next to your target in order to use it. It only uses up your Standard Action.

5. Mensch86

Mensch86 Member

Ok thx guys. But wouldn't my cleric run up to the enemy and use the spell normally? At least that#s what happens when I cure wounds... Maybe she can't run far enough. I'll have to try.

6. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Just to clarify: your cleric has to be able to run up and still have time left to use the spell.

The game can be inconsistent in applying this sort of thing sometimes. I still don't understand the way cure wounds works.

Our Host!