I met Tim Cain

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Ranth, Mar 13, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. Obadiah

Obadiah Member

I wasn't going to bite, but I can't help it. I'll give the very, very short version of why this irks me. Games are the only product you can buy that can (and are) defective that you cannot take back. Almost anything else you might buy in the price range of a new video game (say toaster, oven, gadget, gizmo, whatever) in the $35-65 price range can be brought back to the store if it doesn't work right. Games, nope. You get the finger.

I really feel that the gaming industry has taken a turn for the worse in putting out incomplete/bugged games, getting their money from the initial sale and then telling their customers to piss off when they complain via forums that their game is not working. it's the "we already got your money and we aren't going to fix it because we dont' care" attitude that gets me all riled up. This was readily apparent in Atari's handling of this particular game, and since then, I have seen numerous games that have followed the same disturbing trend. Anyway, I could honestly rant about this for pages, but I"ll leave it at that. Hope that explains it.

2. Mensch86

Mensch86 Member

Yeah it does. I understand. When SOTS2 came out (a really cool turn based space game I've been eager to play) it was completely unplayable and no fun due to all the bugs & missing content. I saw alot of people talking like that about how the gaming industry doesn't care about their products & their customers anymore. I dunno if it's true in the case of sots2 cause they've been releasing patch after patch after patch after patch since then, but I'm sure it's true for many other pc game corporations. It's kinda sad cause many of these games have a brilliant concept behind it.

3. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

Our Host!