Livonya's Beta 1.5 Mod.zip

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Livonya, Apr 23, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I personally would prefer a morning star to go with my cleric of Erythnul, but its a good idea

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Something about web

I noticed something about the web spell that may not be quite right. In the battle with the Hill Giant & brown bear in Emridy Meadows, I webbed the giant. I also Ray of Enfeebed him. He was never able to break free, as his first strength check attempt would succeed, but his second was always the result of his roll plus -5 (which I believe was the strength penalty from the RoE), with no other modifiers. This would result in rolls no higher than 15, which I don't think was enough to break free. If that's normal, sorry - disregard.

More significantly, the giant continued to struggle with the web and try to break free after the spell had expired. The spell graphics were gone from the area except from on him. Maybe that's normal too (I'm not a rules / processes guru). Just thought I'd point it out.

3. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

just to reitirate since I got no response.

Liviona, the installation instructions on your mod say to install atari patch 1, and then atari patch 2.

Atari patch 2 includes patch 1, and thus patch 1 is not needed.
    Also, you should note there that people DO need the co8 patch.

It SHOULD say to install as following:
    The game
    Atari patch 2
    Co8 patch version 3.0.4
    Liviona's mod

Just thought I should point it out :p

Last edited: May 4, 2005
  4. Livonya

Livonya Established Member

I think I have this fixed, though I still have no idea why it would happen. It is really strange, and I can't replicate the problem. But I put in one small change that might get rid of it.

The other things you listed are not something I had anything to do with... but if I get the time I will fix them.

- Livonya

5. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Just thought I'd point out that I can't install patch 2 unless I install patch 1 first, I get an error message that say's there's a missing file or something. Maybe its just my UK version.

6. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

You can safely ignore that message. I believe the missing file is the readme, which patch 2 tries to update, but which isn't there unless you've installed patch 1 first.

7. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

Just a litte comment on this Feldrin/Wicked thingie: They were definitely not changed by Co8 - the relevant files (py00167feldrin.py and py00133brigand prisoner.py) are not even part of the Co8 mod pack. So this was probably fucked up by one of Troika's patches.

8. screeg

screeg Nukekubi

**apology in advance if any of this is old news**

Fought the Water Temple last night...

The multiple juggernaut fix worked. They get one round to move and/or attack, then the spare disappears. Belsornig's AI vastly improved. New cleric actions work well.

The 3 ogres and shaman in the corridor on L2: Shaman tried to heal fallen comrades before himself, which I think makes sense. Do NPC clerics cast heals in a particular order? If not, maybe they should cast most powerful heals first. Did you get rid of cure minor wounds altogether? That would also make sense.

Mona: if you get to the "That is the brothel" dialogue line before discussing Serena or the Orb, that's the only line you ever get thereafter.

Dialogue fix that appeared in patch 3 from Troika, but not in custom mods: merchants telling you to wait in line regardless of your rep with them, and worse, telling you twice every time. Severely annoying with speaking NPC's like Otis, Mother Screng and Burne. I've just started turning down my speakers when dealing with merchants.

Regarding NPC's selling items: I *think* you have to tell them again after a level up. Also, Spugnoir's memorized spells all got wiped after that level up. I've taken to saving immediately before visiting merchants as he usually has a pile of scrolls for casting. Ones he creates himself he never sells.

9. Livonya

The priority is internal and can't be changed.

I honestly don't know what you are talking about. I have never had an NPC tell me to wait in line. They do tell me to wait while they deal with the other customers (my NPCs) but that is normal and not a bug.

Also, I have never downloaded Atari Patch 3 so I have no idea what else it might include. I might download it just to look at it.

This doesn't happen in my game, so not sure what to tell you.

- Livonya

10. Livonya

That is good to know. I wonder when it got introduced. It is quite strange. I can't figure out why these files were changed at all. It really made no sense.

- Livonya

11. screeg

screeg Nukekubi

All right, I meant what you said about waiting for the invisible customer.

The NPC's deliver that line when you ask to barter with them, then immediately again when the dual inventory screen pops up. Merchants don't use this line when you first encounter them, and I always got the impression it was meant to be a snub resulting from you doing something to offend them.

Anyhoo, after patch 3, they don't repeat themselves, and don't tell you to wait for the imaginary customer ahead of you.

12. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Never had that problem. Only time I've had them tell me to wait was when I had an NPC in the party.

13. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

same here Kalshane once i get an npc and it doesnt matter which one, they pull that routine on me. its normal and i live with it.

14. ldonyo

ldonyo Member

I noticed that same thing, but never paid it any mind. I just figured the merchants were being snots for some reason of their own. ;-)

15. Marceror

Marceror Established Member

A quirk in the Hezrou Guardian Encounter

I finally finished the last of the 4 elemental nodes last night, the water node.

When taking on the Hezrou Guardian, it summoned a Hezrou to aid it. The odd thing was that a fair way into the fight all of my PCs except my wizard (who was out of range) became nausteated/sickened. Okay... so that's not so odd actually, seeing as how every round they have to save against 2 Hezrou's stench with a 24 fort save... the odd thing was that the Hezrou guardian became sickened from his little buddy he summoned in. Eventually the summoned Hezrou disapeared (due the the summon spell ending) and it was just my party and the guardian standing around doing not much of anything. The counter on the stench was not counting down... and once my wizard ran out of useful spells all he could do was fire his bow. After something like 30+ rounds like this my wizard had only done like less than 10 damage total. I figured I could go for hours before he killed the guardian at that rate so I just hit F9 and started over.

Anyhow... maybe the guardian should be immune to the stench.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!