Co8 New Content: War of the Golden Skull

Discussion in 'New Content Subdirectories' started by Gaear, Mar 22, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Thanks, I'll check into it.

2. emo_ome

emo_ome Butcher Of Hommlet

Ariakas rewards aren't craft-able friendly, every time I enchant his +4 weapon. It disregards the +4 and change it back to +3.

3. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

With regard to the WotGS jerkstop issue, have you considered deleting the chickens and other livestock to reduce the number of mobs (assuming that's even possible)?

On a completely separate note, is there any chance of the Hextorites at the ogre cave being added back in a future mod? That's a really handy ~25,000 XP. My observation was that they only showed up if you killed the chief fire priest after obtaining the quest.

4. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I'm pretty sure that +3 is the highest enchantment you can put on anything in TOEE.

I'm thinking that when you do an enchantment on something that is more than +3 it defaults back to +3.

5. Gaear

It's probably not the chickens themselves as they've always been there, but yes, our plan as of right now is to test removing different degrees of mobs from the map as them all firing scripts concurrently may be responsible or a contributing factor.

No, they'll be gone for good.

6. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Thank you for the reply, sir, and good luck with the jerkstop testing. I'll probably stick wtih 7.0 until it's fixed.

7. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Actually the jerkstop should be the same in either 7.0 or 7.1, and 7.1 fixes some pretty glaring bugs from 7.0. I would definitely go with 7.1 unless you're going to skip much of the high-level NC.

8. Gaear

Yeah, there will effectively be no difference between 7.0 and 7.1 as far as jerkstop goes.

9. shiffd

shiffd Member

I finally got around the jerkstop freezes. Solution: equip melee and melee only. If mobs jerkstop, they wont move in combat and can cause pathing problems making turns get skipped if you try to move adn are blockedd by jerkshopped/frozen mob(not sure how to phrase it) If mobs cast spell or arrow it will freeze on their head but if you wait it goes away...err on my PC and stuff. obviously each individual right now having different kind of issues i bet...
    I killed everything just using melee and was ablet oget back to report, xp is massive so i capped all 6 characters. i guess if i didnt use the crafting bug to fix the XP on my casters id maybe need more time for them to cap, or not. hard to say. obviously if xp scaled past lvl 10 that would help too....

some ideas for helping with jerkstop-
    remove smoke animations., leaves and other such animationsfrom chimneys. not sure if ti would help at all just an idea....

when i found the rabbit hole finally once i went down the corridor and game crashed before i reached end. ... not sure if it wa aone time thing or what...gonna try again. tahnks again for al lyour hard work! its fun stuff.

10. EyesOfAsia

EyesOfAsia Member

I had done WotGS quest and Fireforge did not spawn in the Welcome Wench Inn.
    Is there any patch available for NC 7.10? Or can I spawn him using console command?

Any help appreciated.

11. Gaear

No to both unfortunately. He'll be fixed in the next release.

12. J'allan UlDragos

J'allan UlDragos Dragon Warrior

I also suffered a CTD while going down the LOOOOONG descent(ascent?) into the Rabbit Hole. My way around this was to only take one character down, leaving the rest of the party grouped around the stairway back up into the keep. haha this also saved time on leaving, as i only had to switch back to the other characters instead of trekking back. Trying to keep everyone together seemed to cause issues going down that long passage, for some reason. I guess something akin to the "jerkstop"???

13. J'allan UlDragos

J'allan UlDragos Dragon Warrior

Is finding Fireforge necessary to the WOTGS quest?

14. EyesOfAsia

EyesOfAsia Member

No, but you will not obtain 2 quests after WOTGS.

15. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

I'm almost to the end of a play through of WotGS, and I've so far managed to avoid jerkstop by staying as far away as possible from the Inn. Now that I'm down to just the Inn attack it's jerkstopping every time, regardless of angle of approach. Is there a different number of explosions around the Inn compared to the Grove, Church or Tower attacks? The Grove explosions seem to be active at the same time as the Inn ones, so that could be another possible source of the problem. For my next try, I'm going to head up by the Church first, then stay close to the stream on the back side of the Inn to try to avoid setting off the Grove explosions.

Our Host!