Can't seem to spot any hidden doorways or passages

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by MyUsername, Mar 11, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. MyUsername

MyUsername Member

(small spoilers)

This is becoming very frustrating as I've already been through most of the game with a different group and I had no such trouble.

I haven't really maxed out my search skill but I have a rogue with it at 13 (including stat bonuses). I'm at the temple of elemental evil on the third level trying to get access to the secret passage (containing the half orc that tries to fool you into letting her live) from the inside out.

I also have another problem, I can't find any teleport scrolls.

thanks for any help.

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Were you able to spot the hidden doors in the Moat-House?

3. MyUsername

MyUsername Member

No. But I remember once spotting a hidden door in the toee though most still elude me.

4. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Have you tried to leave the area and then come back later? They may show up then. If you can not find ANY hidden/secret doors, then you will most likely need to start a new game. This is one of the bugs from which there is no solution from what I have read.

5. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

This is a known problem, if you have an elf or any character with the spot skill maxed out, you should easily find the hidden doors in the moathouse. If you do not, your game is borked, and it would be best to start over, deleting all old saves. While you do not really need to be able to find secret doors, it makes the game difficult to finish as you will have difficulty getting the golden skull. Even the spell Find Traps & Secret Doors will not work. You will need to cast Clairvoyance, the Dimension Door to access the skull.

6. MyUsername

MyUsername Member

that's a shame. thanks for the response anyway.

Our Host!