Dungeons & Dragons Online (DDO)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lord_Spike, Feb 24, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Well it was great finally running with you, but 6 hours was too long!

Okay, not really.

Maybe there shoud be a Circle of Eight Guild...

2. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Maybe. Someone should definitely run a female half-orc barbarian named Meleny. Too bad there aren't spike chains in the game.

3. GuardianAngel82

The name is probably not available, but I can do the green female half-orc. Technically, it should be a green female human druid with 20 strength.

Too bad there's no Orc double axes in the game. They could use the staff choreography.

But how would we do the perky voice?

4. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

The only one way to do the voice - through the mic. Better practice your perkiness impersonation. :p

5. maalri

maalri Immortal

Now you guys are just tempting me. I may play with the free content a bit. I played WoW off and mostly on for the last 5- 6 years. But, I think I am really giving it up this time. I have been off of it for about a month and a half now.

I played DDO when it first luanched, I think I paid for two months. It did not "feel" like DnD much at that time, and in MMORPGs I am actually more of a "soloist". Kinda defeats the point I know, but I am on too randomly for others to depend on me. There was next to no solo content at the time, and the level cap at the beginning was 10 (but there were 4 levels in each level, so did that make it 40?).

Anyhoo, maybe soon.

6. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

I've played for free for a bit, but now switched to the p2p while the $10/month deal lasts. The game's a lot of fun once you get into it.

DDO is and isn't like DnD. The basic idea is the same, but obviously MMOfied. You CAN solo a lot of the stuff, especially if playing a tank class. You can solo most of the stuff one level below you. The real fun is to find a good party and do challenging stuff, at or above your level. The party-search system is good and very easy to use, so unless you prefer to play only with specific people, finding one shouldn't be a problem. Only problem is telling if it's any good until you get there :)

So if you're convinced, hop onto the Khyber server, that's where all my toons are.

If we can convince enough people to join, it's not impossible.

7. GuardianAngel82

Yeah, it's soloable, depending on your class. You can get a hireling if you are weak in some skills needed for a quest.

The pick up groups are okay and easy to find, though problematic at low levels. (Noobs, Zergs, Children and Burnouts). That's okay if you can roll with the negative consequences.

Getting ahold of particular people can be a problem sometimes. Many people play intensely for a while then quit or go to a new server. It's best to have an outside channel of communication, if it's important.

8. shiffd

shiffd Member

I use to play DDO for like 2 years or so. I still ahve an account there. On Khyber I have tons of loot/gear etc...

Consider selling the gear/plat/account but never done anything liek that. since they implemented steampunk elements fullon and killed basically any non-grind playability I have decided I hate it with a passion LOL. Not to mention it costs an arm and a leg for any small bite of the new content/races/classes.

9. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

You quittin'? Can I haz your stuff? :p

Also, it's not THAT expensive. And the upcoming Underdark expansion is looking promising.

Our Host!