ToEE Install/Play Disk issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by F0xhunter, Apr 21, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. F0xhunter

F0xhunter Member

I was directed here by Lord_Spike on the Atari_Forums site. I can't seem to find info there on this issue I'm having. I recently purchased ToEE (bargain bin purchase) and immediately set out to playing it. When I noticed the XP SP-2 looting issue, I went to the web and looked into the patches. I attempted to load the Atari Official Patch 2, the Co8 pack v3.0.4, and the Moebeus Temple.dll. After all of this, when I begin to play, I am presented with a dialog box that simply asks me to insert the Play Disk. Sadly, the play disk was already inserted in the CD Drive. I attempted subsequent installs of the official Atari patches with no avail and even tried a patch that Atari support sent me. Nothing works. I'm still presented with this dialog.

My system setup is a bit non-standard in that my OS is running on my F: drive, my C: Drive is strictly data, my G: drive is a swap partition, and my H: drive is a pure data partition where the game is loaded. I have a SCSI Zip sitting in my D: drive space and my cd-RW is my E: drive. I'm thinking that this configuration is causing the problem, but you'd think there would be a way to let the ToEE.exe file know where to find the CD drive.

Any ideas of how to fix this?

--F0xhunter

2. SiGwa

SiGwa Member

I experienced the same problem. This crack should do the job :)

http://gcw.ucyber.net/games/pc_temple_of_elemental_evil.shtml

Choose the Temple of Elemental Evil v2.0 [ENGLISH] No-CD/Fixed EXE to get on the download page. After unzipping the file, replace ur old ToEE.exe file into the new one. After that it'll work perfectly fine.

Good luck my friend :)

3. dulcaoin

dulcaoin Established Member Veteran

SecuROM is truly evil. It is spit-in-the-face of legitimate purchasers of software.

BOO to Atari for that decision.

-- d

Last edited: May 2, 2005
  4. F0xhunter

F0xhunter Member

Thanks

Sigwa,
    This absolutely solved the problem. I'm finally up and running and now I don't even need the Play Disk in the drive anymore. The Atari tech support really sucked on this. They kept telling me I was using a virtual drive when I simply used a different physical partition. Sheesh!

--F0x

5. SiGwa

SiGwa Member

Glad I could be of help. Enjoy!

6. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

My dvd-cdrw drive suddenly stopped working the other day so I downloaded this patch, it seem's to work ok but I get major CTD's in Ironman mode, anyone else have this problem? Could it be related to Liv's mod?

7. dancersteven

dancersteven Member

I have the same problem as FOxhunter, but without all of the drive partitioning issues. However, when I followed SiGwa's directions, I didn't have any success. I selected

"Temple of Elemental Evil v2.0 [ENGLISH] No-CD/Fixed EXE"

but it didn't give me the option of a zip file. It did allow me to download

"dev-tep2.rar"

but I am not sure what to do with this file. I dragged it over to my ToEE directory, but am still facing the same problem with it asking for the play disk! Can someone tell me what I did wrong?

PS It AMAZES me that there is software this buggy being sold in the stores. I understand it wasn't the fault of the programmers, if this wasn't an awesome game I wouldn't spend this much time just getting it to run properly. But STILL. . .

8. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Well, your no cd crack not working isn't the devs fault. You need to get a copy of WinRAR, a compression system similar to zip (but not zip). Do a google search for it and you should easily find a free download.

9. dancersteven

dancersteven Member

Of course I was referring to the hoops I have been jumping through trying to make ToEE run properly, although that may have been easier if I was not such a techno-neophyte that I can't even recognize a compressed file when I download it! Thanks for your help. . .

Our Host!