Sexual discrimination in TOEE?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Rook Hudson, Mar 29, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Rook Hudson

Rook Hudson Member

What's going on ?

In the real world there are women who are lesbians, and they form a significant minority of the population, so for TOEE to have one male homosexual character and yet have zero lesbian characters just seemed a little odd, not in a critical way, but in an observational way. Variety in relationships is a part of life. An occasional gay female character would just add to the variety in the game, that is all. This is not meant to be a condemnation of TOEE or the designers, again, it is just an observation. To those getting all worked up about this, calm down, take a sedative and relax. I never meant this thread to become a heated debate. I just made an observation, nothing else. No offense or criticism was intended.

2. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

There are...

...indeed gay NPC's of both genders in this game. You are correct, though...no one should be getting upset over all of this...

One final observation: being bi-sexual doubles your chances of 'scoring'...

3. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

I know of a guy (married to a sterile woman for 10 years btw) who had such an encounter with a pair of lesbians, and got BOTH of them pregnant. Actually it was a lesbian and her bisexual partner, the lesbian was never with a man before, but wanted a kid "the natural way" (which she didnt tell the guy). The bi one is having an abortion but the other one want to keep it and raise it with her girlfriend... the guy doesnt want to be left out of the life of his kid though... and then there is the need to break it to his wife.

PS. as for the double the chance of scoring thing... its not chance :) its fairly easy to score if you apply yourself. besides, going after underaged people, the elderly, people with STDs, and hidiously ugly people ALSO increase your chance of getting some significantly... heck, bestiality and necrophilia will raise it exponentially and make it practically gaurenteed! Just cause you get more chances at sex doesnt mean its sex that you are INTERESTED IN.

Last edited: May 4, 2005
  4. Olbaid

Olbaid Member

All i can say is this: In a world of 6+ billion people, i'm sure every possible relationship (sexual or otherwise) has happened at some point.

5. elith daan

elith daan Member

As another powerfull female NPC there is also that druid disguised as a hill giant, she was 9th level from memory and came in handy, but what the hell is up with that female prisoner who wants to get back to verbonc "give me 1000 gp" so you do.... and all she wants is more gold!!!! she dosent even have a sheep!!!!

6. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Sounds like my ex-wife... and she PROMISED she was a shepherdess <sigh>

I checked the dialogue on that girly the other day out of curiosity: there is nothing subsequent to giving her the money. She just grabs it and runs, and thats it.

Its meant to be a fantasy game - thats a little too real life for me ;-)

7. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

there is a lesbian hooker in the brothel in nulb...

I am not sure if she is core or not. Just an FYI, the brother was mostly built in the original game, but before finishing it they decided to scrap it and just "sealed the door". The fan community readded the door, and finished fleshing out those quests. I am not sure how much fleshing was there, and if this is one of the things they fleshed.

Our Host!