Re-leveling a character

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Lava, Feb 29, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. Lava

Lava Established Member

I made some incorrect feat choices for one of my characters several levels ago, and I'm trying to figure out how to reduce that character's level in order to "re-level" and get it right this time around. I've tried all kinds of cheat codes, such as reducing their experience (no effect on the level even when experience is reduced to 0) and so far I haven't been able to actually get the character's level down. I'll keep googling in the meantime, but maybe someone has done this?

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I don't think it's possible.

btw, don't ever Google when it comes to ToEE; all the pertinent modern knowledge is here at Co8, so if our serch function doesn't do it for you, you're better off asking than Googling and getting results from 2004 from a Gamebanshee walkthrough or something. (Nothing against them.)

It always perplexes me when I read on other sites that people are wracking their brains for info about the Co8 mod and they never mention checking here. :p

3. Lava

Lava Established Member

I always google before asking anything on any forum, but yeah by the looks of it, this is the place with the newest info. ;) The cheat codes work, meaning I can lower the character's experience, but that does not lower their level.

4. dragonalumni

dragonalumni Elemental Warrior

kick them out of the party and relevel them

5. Lava

Lava Established Member

Once someone is kicked out, they can't be re-added, surprisingly. Their name on the list of characters stays colored as if they were still in the group.

6. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Remove the character using the book in the inn. Create a new character and give it a new name. you can use the same portrait. Use the console to levelup or put at the previous XP spot and go from there. Beware! The console is known to cause problems so use at your own risk.

7. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Another way to do this, without consoling, is to create the new character and then just let him/her sit back during some random encounters or battles. The level difference will allow the character to level up fairly quickly. Then you can choose the feats that you really wanted

Our Host!