Qwert's Fanfix version 1.1 feedback.....

Discussion in 'Negative Energy Plane' started by qwert_44643, Sep 27, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. qwert_44643

qwert_44643 Member

Allright heres what ive tried and experienced so far,the **** are my comments will continue to feedback

*Spell Fixes
    -fix the damage problems with Flame Strike
    -Now correctly does 1d6 * Spell Caster Level (1/2 Fire and 1/2 Divine Damage.)
    -chill touch no longer has unlimited # of uses.
    -improved chances of 'permanancy' bug not ocurring with touch based spells
    -improved chances of 'permanancy' bug not ocurring with Silence, Web, Soften Earth & Stone and Spike Growth spells

*Item Fixes
    -Chainmail Boots and Gloves no longer are considered "medium" armor, and therefore will not slow you down while wearing them
    **** I was slowed down wearing these.
    -Cloaks of Resistance +2 and +3 now correctly give +2, and +3 bonus to saves
    -Fixed SPELL_NONE Crafting Error due to some items/spells incorrectly labeled/named. Corrected labels/named so that crafting works correctly for these items. (Mostly fox's cunning, type spells?)

*Detailed Feat Hover Descriptions have been added
    **** Needs grammar proofed besides that its fine.
    *A rudimentary (and IMO rather ugly) Item Details system has been put in place. This is NOT how we want to handle Item Details, and will be revisiting this. Identifying a magic item now adds the item attributes/Details to the identified name of the object. Hovering mouse over the identified object picture will display the Name of the item + the details.. (Again, this is not the way we want to handle this, but thought it would be better to have something rather than nothing..)
    PLEASE CHECK THIS! I would like to point out that this current way of adding the description to the name of the item can cause problems with the crafting menus - the names are all too long they overlap each other and make things unreadable.
    ****Im pretty sure some of this is still in there id take it all out
    *Re-enablement of the "Brothel" Map, NPC's, quest, and companion.
    The Brothel was removed in the late stages of development. (maybe because they ran out of time, and were unable to finish it?) New Dialog Choices have been added into Mona's Conversation Tree.

*MasterWork Items are now "purchasable" from the blacksmith. (Not yet through the store screen, but through dialog).
    ****Not all weapons are available...thats the olny bad thing.

2. Nomad_Wanderer

Nomad_Wanderer Established Member Veteran

Yeah, but not as much as before right?
    We bumped the armor type from medium to light... Depends how much of a realist you are...(do these even affect AC? should we just bump them to armor_type none and bed done with it?

Just got a new version of this.. will include it in a new 1.2 build in a few hours..

Did you delete the description.mes file from your data/mes/ directory? The way we are delivering fixes right now is additive, I.e. if we decide to remove a file once it went out, we need to have people do it manually. (a great example of why you want to test b4 releasing :)

Just read apost from some peeps about inventories.. It looks like they can add/modify the store inventories now..

3. Sol Invictus

Sol Invictus Beholder Watcher Veteran

Pertaining to the gauntlets and boost, they add NOTHING to AC. Please set them to armor type NONE. The same is with Lareth's Boots, which should also be set to NONE.

They are only there for barbie's doll house purposes.

Steve Moret said so himself in the dev chat - that the gauntlets and boots are bugged. They were fixed in the post-Gold build but that did not make it into the release.

4. Chris Woods

Chris Woods Member

OT, but are you the same Qwert who did some mods for Morrowind? They were damn good.

Chris Woods

5. qwert_44643

qwert_44643 Member

Yeah thats me and im here now hoping to work with you all.On the subject of mods magical trinkets of tamiel is a classic :)

6. qwert_44643

qwert_44643 Member

Yeah, but not as much as before right?
    We bumped the armor type from medium to light... Depends how much of a realist you are...(do these even affect AC? should we just bump them to armor_type none and bed done with it?

*****i thought when you equip them they werent supposed to change any of the speed,if im wrong im sorry.

7. Daxamar

Daxamar Member

Opps

This is what I get for not reading before posting. This answers MY question on Quert and CW :rolleyes:

@Admin, I wrote a post asking if these guys where from MW somewhere. Please DELETE it. No need to Spam the board with my giberrish

Dax

8. Dhoom

Dhoom BIG Troll Berserker

Nope, you aren't wrong.

They're supposed to be purely cosmetic. ARMORTYPE_NONE., as Exitium says.

Our Host!