Circle of Eight Modpack v7 / v7 NC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by UncleBuck, Dec 2, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gog

Gog Member

To clarify - I get the assassin even if I drove off the traders before I killed Lareth? :yes:

2. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

I haven't actually played it that way in a long time, but as I recall the ambush is scripted to include the assassin unless he is already dead from the RE. I know it is possible to get him in the ambush, and that's the only way I see for it to happen.

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

If you drive off the traders before killing Lareth (and selling his stuff to them), you won't get attacked by the assassin in a RE. He will join the ambush in Nulb though. On the other hand, if you kill Lareth, sell his stuff to the traders, and get attacked by and kill the assassin in a RE, he won't be a part of the Nulb ambush. They are the same guy.

4. Gog

Gog Member

Whoopie! Thanks.

5. Kellern

Kellern Member

I am stumped with the Gremlich quest. I have been to the sage, but do not know where to go from there. I have fought the Gremlich and killed it so many times, it is either broke or I am missing something. Any guidance would be appreciated. thanks.

I have read I need to chat with some "Uncle" person in the "Rabbit Hole." I have looked for this place and have not been able to find. could someone please point me in the right direction? I have chatted with Prince Zook and he tells me nothing new. thanks.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  6. Gog

Gog Member

Just had a 'survival' random encounter in the wild! Is this new? It's great stuff! :twitch:

7. Rashomon

Rashomon Member

Re: Circle of Eight Modpack v7 / v7 NC Bug Report Thread

Hi,

after I installed the Game, I patched it with the two official patches mentioned in your installation guide.

Further, I installed the Modpack V7, but unfortunatly the Game won't start. I got an error message:

Die Anwendung konnte nicht richtig initialisiert werden (0xc0000135). Klicken Sie auf "OK", um die Anwendung zu beenden.

in English it must be similar to:
    "The application could not be initialised correctly (0xc0000135). Click "OK" to end the application."

I buyed the english version of the Game to avoid known bug issues, I heard of. It's the first time I installed ToEE.

Is this error known or maybe did I do anything wrong?

edit:
    I solved the problem through installing Microsoft Net. Framework.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  8. kungfuramone

kungfuramone Member

Hey gang,

Playing through after a several-month hiatus; very stoked about the War of the Golden Skull (which I haven't started yet...busy hacking through the elemental nodes and Verbo stuff.)

Three questions:

1. I noted that you can initiate the War of the Golden Skull in story state 6, knowledge of Zuggy. Assuming you've fought the Greater Temple, are you at state 6, or is there a specific trigger?
    2. Apologies for asking again, as I'm sure this has been posted somewhere, but do you start the War of the Golden Skull by talking to Brother Smythe, like usual?
    3. Possible bug: when I fought the Balor this time (at 14th level...he didn't stand a chance), I hit him and the efreeti straight away with a Holy Word from my cleric of Pelor. It killed him, the efreeti, and two of my (good!) PCs in one shot! I remember a bug back in the 6.0 era in which Holy Word was dramatically overpowered; is this still the case? According to the D+D rules, its effects are supposed to scale down according to the differential between the caster level and the enemy DC (i.e. my 14th level cleric should only be able to kill enemies outright who have a DC of somewhere around 4 or 5 with a Holy Word.) Either way, it's *definitely* not supposed to effect good characters / creatures. Any ideas?

Cheers!
    -KFR

9. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Good to see you back kungfuramone.

If you take a look at Gazra_1971's TOEE Guide it will outline all the new content and answer many questions you may have forgotten to ask ;)

Click on the yellow text to go there.

Oh, and I've been having the same trouble with my cleric killing at least one of the party every time she uses that spell.

10. kungfuramone

kungfuramone Member

Brilliant! Thanks for the tip / reminder on the guide - I don't think I'd realized that Gazra was keeping it up to date as the new versions came out.

11. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

What "'survival' random encounter?"

12. Gog

Gog Member

A 4th level party ran into a bunch of ochre jellies - and in another encounter, a trio of ogres. I never ran into anything tougher than trolls in Vanilla so I assume this is new? It forces you into a desperate fight or run away.

Also and by the way, is there any way to save Corl? I outted him and the next time I swung by the traders (AFTER I murderised the traders), he was dead!

13. chano

chano Established Member

I have also noticed some really cool encounters early on in the game,, love that.

14. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I just love watching the bandits and pirates kill each other. :joy:

15. Gog

Gog Member

Yeah, I had to intervene and killed BOTH sides before they drained my precious, precious XPs ;)

I suspect if I just let them kill each other since they count as hostile I'd still get the XPs, but I couldn't take that chance.

Our Host!