Mithril Shirt and question regarding armors

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Major_Blackhart, Jan 10, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. Major_Blackhart

Major_Blackhart Member

Stupid question, but couldn't you use a better skin and inventory icon for the Mithril Shirt?
    I love my barbarian wearing it, but I was wondering if instead you could use the Fine Chainmail options? I dunno, but the chain shirt just looks so bland compared to that one. Anyway, are there any plans to update a basic form of Elven Chain, Adamantium Chain, or Adamantium Full Plate in the game as well?

Also, is there any benefit to my Dwarf wearing Dwarven stone Armor over Mithril Full Plate or something similar?

2. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

I haven't tried the Dwarven Stone Armor, but Dwarven Plate offers (or offered as of my last playthrough) some damage reduction like Adamantium. If Dwarven Stone does the same thing it may be even higher, dunno. Other than that it probably just depends on your dex score.

3. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

Immunity to the Heat Metal spell, duh.

4. Major_Blackhart

Major_Blackhart Member

I haven't come across any enemies that can cast that spell, but Ok.

5. Major_Blackhart

Major_Blackhart Member

I figured it gave some sort of natural resistance, either damage or spell, or something like that. Maybe it made slashing attacks do less damage in general. Dunno, that's what I thought.

6. Rocktoy

Rocktoy Established Member

Me too! The Mithril Shirt with adequate crafts seems to be the best available armor for barbarians, but it does look so boring. Would definitely vote for a skin change.

7. Major_Blackhart

Major_Blackhart Member

I thought of an idea for the Mithril shirt issue.

Rather than change the Mithril shirt icon and visuals, keep it as it is.
    Instead, add in Mithril Chain Mail. You could use the Golden Chain Mail or Fine Chain Mail icons (preferably fine chain mail) aand visuals for that. I think it would work out really well as well, as Mithril armors are treated as one step below what they are in terms of lightness and movement.
    Mithril plate allows for a better movement speed although you still need training.
    Mithril Chain Mail counts as light and gives better protection and dexterity bonuses.
    Mithril Shirt is still light, etc, etc.

I think adding in Mithril Chain Mail is a good medium. Gives less dex bonuses than Mithril Shirt, but with greater protection, is light, and it looks badass. Overall, a good set of options.

Also, has anyone ever considered putting some sort of Righteous upgrade on armors? Allows the wearer to use Righteous Might once per day.
    It could be a craft wonderous item type of deal, where only spell casters that had Craft Arms and Armor, Cleric Level 12 minimum, Righteous Might known, and Strength as one of their chosen cleric abilities.
    The armor would look like another type of plate, something much heavier, like Dwarven or Royal Armor, and be masterwork but beyond that have normal heavy armor stats (the usual 8 AC, +1 Dex Bonus, -5 Penalty, etc).

Also, does anyone think that Hedrack's gloves of +6 strength ought to be considered something different than Belt of Ogre Strength? I say have the plate gloves grant something else, and give him a +6 belt of Ogre Strength. Perhaps let the gauntlets improve his attack rating by +X, or let him cast a spell once per day (something unholy or utterly destructive, like a Chaos oriented Cleric Domain power).

8. Major_Blackhart

Major_Blackhart Member

What, nobody cares?

Our Host!