Co8 New Content: Hickory Branch

Discussion in 'New Content Subdirectories' started by Gaear, Mar 22, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. krunch

krunch moving on in life

gazra_1971: I think that Lord Hungous needs MUCH better equipment considering that he is a level 12 enemy boss!
    - He has a magic orc weapon. Imagine that?
    - Concerning the armor, remember, the half-orc Commander is as much of a 'wild' Barbarian as he is a Ranger.

wizgeorge: Who is the mithral plate in the chest for?
    Not for; the idea being it was from someone he previously killed. That makes it a treasure, as his loot.

badger-ude: The map is a great improvement over the old v1 map.
    *sigh* I guess you cannot always please everyone.
    - You should have seen my super game screen I was working on back then for my HB version 2. Alas, no more.

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

@all ... without krunch's foresight, dedication and talent we wouldn't have ANY Hickory Branch mod.

Thanks krunch!

3. krunch

krunch moving on in life

You are very welcome. :thumbsup:

4. Major_Blackhart

Major_Blackhart Member

A couple of things

1 Still love this mod Krunch, thanks! :Brofist:

2 Could the advantage of a Orc Double Axe be that you get an additional attack? Say for instance, if trained in it's use, you get two attacks instead of 1, or 4 attacks instead of 3. Might make things a bit more interesting if it could be coded in.

3 I was thinking about the Dire bear: I would love the idea of it having some magical items from a previous adventuring party in it. Hungeous fed them to it when they were captured and would wait for it to pass the items, provided it got a lot of fiber. Would make sense for a troll handler to be there.

4 Hungeous armor is +1 Barbarian Armor with the bound spell Righteous Might. I think it would be fitting for a savage warrior like him to be able to get huge and lay the smackdown on someone. Would also be insanely intimidating, and great armor for a barbarian or ranger too.

5. mwnn

mwnn Member

Does that mean ToEE doesn't treat the Orc Double Axe (+others) as a Double Weapon?

Normally he'd have his extra attack and more if he had TWF & ITWF.

What if he was a decent dual-wielder as a compromise?

In my current game my finesse-based rogue (Lv 10) regularly lands 4 sneak attacks with some flanking - it's not uncommon to see him wipe a 100hp+ enemy out in 1 round.

Any weapons/items found in the Bear's stomach would have to be Rusty wouldn't they?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  6. Major_Blackhart

Major_Blackhart Member

Emridys Run is proof enough that stomach contents don't rust.

7. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Sorry, TOEE does not implement this feature of the rules. The Double Ax is treated as a 2 handed weapon I believe and no extra attacks for the 2nd ax. Shame as I would love to try a a run with a character as I have in NWN1, but overall, TOEE uses so many more of the 3.5 rules than either of the NWN games.

8. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

What's up with Lazslo and Eddie in the orc cave? Didn't get any lines from them or anything like that. Also, Eddie died accidentally (well, the pesky goblin decided to kill him), but whenever I try to resurrect him, he attacks me >__<

9. Mouldyrye

Mouldyrye Member

I have been slowly doing HB and one thing I noticed is that what is commonly referred to as a Dire Bear is a Dire BOAR. Which ,BTW, was very easy to kill. Maybe it should be a Dire Bear.

10. sirchet

Are you sure you're at the right creature?

Where exactly are you seeing this Dire Boar?

11. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

The dire boars are in the woods. Keep looking for the bear.

12. Mouldyrye

Mouldyrye Member

Thank you for indulging my hasty post with kind answers. I found the bear.. Partial spoilers I probably shouldn't have read had led me to believe I was in the spot described with the bear.

13. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

They shouldn't be there ... no doubt related to the map numbers thing ... I'll fix it, thanks.

14. sirchet

I thought they were captives and we had to rescue them ... I liked the idea. ;(

15. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

And there I was wondering where they go at night. Apparently on a fun romp with the orcs...

That's what I thought too, though I thought it was weird that they offered to words of thanks XD

Our Host!