Temple Troop Commanders and cleric leaders

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Major_Blackhart, Jan 20, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. Major_Blackhart

Major_Blackhart Member

Specifically, this is about the Fire Temple Troop Commander and the Earth one.

These two guys have got to be the biggest a-holes on the planet.
    The fire temple troop commander has no option in dialogue except attacking you, while the earth guy I've never actually even bothered with. If I even enter that room I get attacked big time. Now, I've never talked to them wearing robes, but if I'm good with the remainder of the temple, then why should I? They are submissive to their clerics, so to hell with them, they should follow orders.

Also, do all the clerical leaders (Hedrack, Earth, Fire wind, and water) worship zuggtomoy?

I would think that Hedrack did Iuz, but maybe he is Zuggy as well.
    If that's the case, does anyone know what their domains are?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Also, has anyone figured out a good place to put the Zweihander in? Masterwork quality big blade like that ought to belong to a vicious Half-Orc fighter in Hickory Branch.

2. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Waddaya know, in the Fire Commander's case (Bassanio), it's a bug.

According to his present scripting, he should be friendly if the 'recruit Oohlgrist' quest has been mentioned. This should obviously be corrected to mentioned or better. (you could argue for accepted or better, or something else, but I'll leave it at that)

Attached a fix.

Also, if anyone wears Fire robes he should be friendly too.

But anyway, it's not like he has a lot to say when he's on friendly terms with you... I always thought they could be expanded upon by giving you smaller, tactical tasks, like 'kill faction X's troll keeper', 'beat some sense into my ogres', 'do a slave run for me', 'kill some peasants and animate them into undead', etc.

Re. the priests, this is what they are configured to in the game:

Hedrack: Iuz, War & Destruction
    Romag: Zuggtmoy, no domains
    Alrrem: Zugg, War & Evil
    Belsornig: Zugg, Evil & Water
    Kelno: Zugg, Evil & Air

Attached Files:

3. Major_Blackhart

Major_Blackhart Member

Perhaps expanding on some temple missions would be useful for a later patch?
    Troop commanders give little bits here and there, etc.

Our Host!