Great Cheif crashes game when removed from party.

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by deuxhero, Jan 12, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. deuxhero

deuxhero Member

Not sure what is causing it.

He recently became super slow (like the druid bug I mentioned before actually) and I wanted to try moving him in and out of the party to try fixing it, but I can't.

edit: Only happens on temple floor 2 (or at least not in Nulb), but it does not fix him being slow.

2. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Can you post a save?

(zip the files named slot####.XXX - there should be four of them; if the file is large, you can post it on Mediafire or Rapidshare)

3. deuxhero

deuxhero Member

4. Sitra Achara

By slow, I'm guessing you're talking about combat movement distance?

It's probably related to spell permanency issues / a bug with one of the druid AoE spells (spikestones or maybe entangle, I recall one of them causing this issue).

Usually you can have Jaroo fix it, but since you're carrying Jaroo and Darley, you can't talk to him... So you'll just have to kill him and resurrect him yourself :). You will then have to use the console to restore his XP.
    I think this might also cause Elmo to attack, though, so maybe you should dismiss Elmo first and do it someplace safe.

As for the crash, it is probably associated with him trying to get back to his standpoint in the Temple, and being unable to pathfind. I'm guessing that's why dismissing him elsewhere doesn't crash.

5. deuxhero

deuxhero Member

That would explain it.

Darley can be dismissed and made to be rejoin when done talking, as can great cheif, problem is Jaroo can't work on Great Cheif if he isn't in the party. Suggestion for co8 team: Add a similar function to an NPC that doesn't fear "monster" characters.

Do I need to kill kill great cheif or just KO?

6. Sitra Achara

You have to kill him.

Our Host!