Tried Everything

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Black Dragon, May 2, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Black Dragon

Black Dragon Member

OK all:

I have tried everything know to man and woman to get Prince Thormell's secret door to show up and I give up. Can someone give me the console command I need to use to teleport to his location? I also tried to do this but nothing happens.

Thanks!

2. Olbaid

Olbaid Member

I'm assuming you know exactly where the door is, just can't get the game to recognise it. How high is your search skill?

There is a teleport command. try the "Dialog/Python Commands" thread under "General Modification". I'm sure it's in there somewhere.

Another way to do it would be to open up Protos.tab and change/make an item that gives you, say, +20 to search skill. If that doesn't work, it's probably a bug (this game has plenty) and i don't really know how to help you.

3. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

These secret doors...

...drop from the game inexplicably, sometimes. In another thread, someone said that Dimension Door is your friend to solve this problem. No one really knows what causes it. Look for the thread; it may offer some more advice. I'll bump it if I can find it.

4. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

If it is the bug (although searching Atari forums doesn't reveal any reports of the bug starting mid-game, if you've got it you'll know about it in the moathouse surely?), then use dimension door to get through the wall into the Thrommel section.

Spoiler.........

The wall you need to go through is directly opposite the lectern in the se corner of the little chapel area. ie you need to dimension door in a nw direction from the middle of the nw wall of that room.

Last edited: May 3, 2005
  5. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

A dwarf, half-elf, or elf will find it on search. I usually have a half-elf wizard and it has never failed to find the door. I hope you have an open npc slot for him or he wont join the party and you don't get the big reward. If you have other plans, like killing him or allowing him to be killed to loot Fragarach, then that's another story.

Our Host!