Livonya's Beta 1.5 Mod.zip

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Livonya, Apr 23, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

I'll let you know when I find them.

BTW, according to the 3.5 DMG erratta, caster level isn't supposed to be a requirement (barring a few specific instances like the no more than +1 enhancement bonus for every three levels). It's listed so the DM can adjucate magic items that have been found (rather than crafted by the PCs, in which case it would have the caster level of the creator at the time) in instances of dispel magic and the like. The crafter only has to have the appropriate feats and be able to supply the neccessary spells, components and XP.

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Please bear in mind that I'm using 3.0 sourcebooks not 3.5, I realise there are mistakes, please let me or Liv know what needs changing and I can assure you I will do my best to correct what needs correcting, also a few Items Ive had to change the abilities a bit, I couldn't make rings of elemental control as listed but made similar items as staves. I can, but decided not to add rings of regeneration and the pearly white ioun stone (also regeneration) for the obvious problems that may cause If enemies can't or don't use coup de grace.

This is a beta test after all, any problems can be changed.

3. darmagon

darmagon stumbler in the dark

groaning spirit cannot cast

I don't know if this is a problem with your mod, Livonya, but I just encountered the groaning spirit on the third level of the temple dungeon. It was unable to cast due to the fact that it was trying to cast defensively and it has a minus 6 constitution modifier. The DC is 15, the best it can possibly do is 14 with that modifier. Undead are not supposed to have any con. I guess the programmers used -1 to signify no constitution. I cannot remember if the last time i encountered it it was able to cast. It did this time, however, seem to be a much easier opponent than my vague recollections would indicate.

4. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

More weirdness with Lareth

Liv -

Installed your Lareth fixes (as well as the others) and started a new game. I don't know if this is some kind of freak occurance, but here's what happened with Lareth:

1. Engaged and defeated his guards outside his room.
    2. Entered his room, battle starts immediately with no dialogue.
    3. Half way through Lareth is seriously injured. He stops the battle and pleads for his life.
    4. Like before, my only dialogue option is "No more talk! More death!" or something similar.
    5. This time the battle does not resume. We are all just standing there.
    6. I initiate dialogue with Lareth, and he says "What are you doing here?" like he never met me before. He calls to Seleucas to come and kick my ass, but Seleucas is already dead.
    7. We all continue standing there.
    8. I can re-initiate dialogue as often as I like, with the same results.
    9. At last I simply attack him.
    10. He goes down and everything seems normal again, like I got him without the intervening weirdness.

I'm going to try this again tomorrow and see if I can reproduce it.

Gaear

Last edited: May 1, 2005
  5. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Actually, in 3.5 they are only supposed to give +5 to the appropriate skills. Skill bonus items underwent a major overhaul in 3.5. I would recommend using the d20 system reference documents as your guide instead of the 3.0 DMG. http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/srd35

6. Livonya

Livonya Established Member

There is definitely something wrong with Lareth's script. I just have to figure out what.

I will be spending the rest of the day working on him.

- Livonya

I a

7. Gaear

Hey Liv,

I just figured out that, like a dope, I never got the Lareth dialogue fix you posted because I got the scr and dlg zips from the Black Jay thread. I just installed it and will try again - don't go nuts working on Lareth (unless you think something else is wrong).

Sorry.

8. Gaear

Verified everything is as it should be, Liv. Please disregard my post above.

9. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

well Liv here are a few things ive just finished working on if you want to add them to your next mod. ill list the main things i did and you can pick and choose.

1) i changed the appearance of the elven chain as it was nasty. it now appears as scale mail.

2) i made prince thrommel LG. im not sure if i did this in the proto i had the swords in or not.

3)i buffed up meleny a little.

4) i made fruella a NG cleric so parties have another choice for a cleric in the game. besides cant you just picture her talking to her flock lol ;)

the rest right now is just lil things i did for myself like changing colors of items. im still working on a couple of other things and will post them if i ever get them working right.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 2, 2005
  10. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Allyx and Livonya,

played with some of your new toys tonight. Thank you - they must have taken an age to do.

Couple of things:

Should 'prayer beads healing' read 'prayer beads of healing' instead?

Made the robes of blending - in the description it says that they can make you invisible, but clicking on the radial option doesn't seem to have any effect. Does the description need changing?

Descriptions for the items would be very cool, because some of us don't really know what each item actually does. But this is what might be called 'flavour' and not necessary in the slightest.

Cheers,

Zeb

11. Livonya

Livonya Established Member

The name is too long and gets screwed up in the crafting menu, so I shortened it.

12. Allyx

Oops thanks for the tip on the webpage, I'll change it back and re-submit.

Any other changes need doing?

Ill try and add a few more long descriptions.

13. Allyx

Err.... speaking of which, I suggested a few changes to some items I made due to the fact that after testing they were uncraftable by anyone with less than 12 levels of cleric 11 levels of wizard and 10 levels of druid! Oops... Heh heh anyway, I've resolved the issue and here's the fix.

Also now fixed... the robe of blending now +10 to hide and 30,000gp, I altered how the robe works too, I originally had it cast lnvis (but that means you can cast it on all characters) I changed it to work like a ring of invis but forgot to change the number of charges (it works fine now), and added the Mandolin of charming, and cloaks of resistance +4 and +5, and made Amulets of natural armor +4 and +5 craftable too.

Thanks to Kalshane for the heads up.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 2, 2005
  14. Ellester

Ellester Member

Just thought I would add, I hope the changes to Fruella and Meleny do not make it into the mod. I’m not being rude, as I’m sure others will appreciate the work. This is just something that should be in its own mod and not included with such a large mod as this. Changing classes or enhancing abilities of recruitable NPC’s basically takes away from what Troika or the module intended.

Meleny is a weak character and has problems carrying heavy armor. Great! I want that deficiency when I play her because that is the way she was intended. I don’t want her to now have 15 strength. If I wanted 15 strength I would take a fighter.

There are several mods for BG2 that change the NPC’s, but they are all separate mods. If you want them great! but they are not forced on you in another mod. This should definitely be a separate mod so those that want to use it, can. And those that don’t want to use the modified NPC’s are not forced to have the new changes.

If it does make it into the mod, please give us an option to keep the original stats and classes of the recruitable NPC.

15. ldonyo

ldonyo Member

While playing yesterday, my Thief (old class names are hard to forget! :) was having trouble disarming the trap on the chest where the giant crayfish encounter takes place. I opened the roll history to see just how shafted I was getting on the rolls (quite, BTW) and noticed that everyone was getting 30XP per attempt, even though these attempts failed. I'm pretty sure that isn't the way it's supposed to work. ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!