can i ever get him back?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BetseyPitts, Nov 17, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Stalk him disguised as someone else? :ninja:

2. kio11

kio11 Established Member

she should become a rockstar. they all come back after that point

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

But if you're a rockstar you don't care about getting anyone back.

4. kio11

kio11 Established Member

good point though she would have new ones that she would want to have back and then run for president and so on and on

5. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

go to a beauty salon, I'm sure they'll be able to shave it.

6. Gaear

LMAO ... I went to urban dictionary to see what a Shawn was and found this gem:

:largeclap

7. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Am I confused? :scratchhe

8. Sergio Morozov

Sergio Morozov Paladin

English humor.

Although "shorn" is a form of "to shear" not of "to shave".

9. Gaear

Seriously though Sergio, how does Betsey get Shawn back? (You maintained earlier that anyone can do this.) I'm familiar with the Player's Handbook methods for this sort of thing, but by definition they universally involve dishonesty and manipulation. I supect you're advocating an honest and dignified approach (because that's the kind of fellow you are ;)), but how does honesty work when the truth ("I LOVE YOU SHAWWWN AND I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT YOUUU!!!"), delivered to someone who has already severed the ties both literally and emotionally ("I am SO not into Betsey anymore ... she just got all weird and clingy and possessive and stalker-like so I dumped her and now I'm dodging her calls."), will just drive them further away?

IMO the two things are mutually exclusive, which is primarily why these sad outcomes (broken hearts, sundered dreams, etc.) prevail so frequently in relationships after the shine wears off.

[edit]

Hm, maybe a role playing exercise would be effective here. You be Betsey trying to win me back, and I'll be Shawn. It'll be silly and humorous, but it may be insightful too. (If you'd prefer, you could be Bugsey - or Buster or Bedford or Boris or whatever - the Guy and I'll be Shawn the Girl.)

10. Sergio Morozov

Sergio Morozov Paladin

I did not say anything about forfeiting dishonesty and manipulation in love affairs. And indeed, I implied that when honest approach fails but desire to establish a relationship persists, such means will guarantee fulfilling of the desire. Of course, as I've mentioned, utilising them may be a great burden, especially in the part when one has to pretend he is a person with qualities the object of love likes, while he is not.

Thank you, this tells something of my ability to look a good person! (Means I have high Diplomacy and Bluff skills, right? Hmm... Diplomacy is a class skill for a paladin, but Bluff... Guess I am a multiclass Expert/Paladin then...)

[EDIT] But, if I am a paladin, I am lawful Good by definition... And I do not need to pretend... OK then, let me be a lv.27 Expert with a spell, preventing discerning my alignment, cast on me (with a permanency spell cast on it) by a caster.

<Calls Shawn by phone>
    Hey, Shawn, I got my hands on two tickets to that [incredibly stupid, boring, improper and expensive]* comedy show you like so much, shall we go there this Sunday?

* - brackets [] indicate what Betsey thinks, but does not say.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  11. Gaear

I'm shocked at you, Sergio - advocating dishonesty! ;) Anyway, I'll still play along, though I acknowledge from the outset that your success is distinctly possible now. (I'm not going to make it easy on you though.)

Am I Ms. Shawn or Mr. Shawn?

12. Sergio Morozov

Sergio Morozov Paladin

I would not call this outright "dishonesty", but an "attempt to correspond to the ideals of my beloved".

I do not think a guy could be called "Betsey"?

13. Gaear

That's why I suggested the alt names. Since you're the one under pressure to perform here, I want you to feel as comfortable as possible (e.g. not have to portray a woman when you're a man, etc.). Ms. or Mr. is fine for me, I just need to know so that my responses are tuned to the correct sensibilities.

14. kio11

kio11 Established Member

one might as well argue about human nature

15. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

This thread has officially gotten creepy.

Our Host!