Game lockup in windowed or 800x600 resolution

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Dinin991, Nov 21, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. Dinin991

Dinin991 Member

I have the 6.1.0 NC mod installed and it works flawlessly in full-screen mode on any resolution higher then 800x600. When I try to run the game in windowed mode or full-screen 800x600 resolution the game locks up after 2 seconds.

The reason I would like to play it in windowed mode is that I am trying to livestream the game and the livestream tool won't hook to the game screen in full-screen mode, so I need to play it in windowed mode.

Is there any way to get the game into a higher resolution windowed mode or resolve the game lockup problem in 800x600 windowed mode?

2. random1

random1 Member

Livestreams are evil! That's why it crashes :evilgrin:

I've been running ToEE in windowed mode at 800x600 (in a VM) for debugging purposes and so far no crashes.
    So it's probably something on your side.

I was unaware of that resolution limitation for windowed mode. Are you sure about that?

3. Dinin991

Dinin991 Member

It looks like the window mode (via the front end) defaults to 800x600. It locks up while no other programs are running.

Trying a re-install.

4. Dinin991

Dinin991 Member

Guess I spoke too soon. Worked once and now its locking up a few seconds after it loads. The music keeps playing however everything locks up.

5. Dinin991

Dinin991 Member

I guess disabling intro movies causes the game to lock up in 800x600 resolution or windowed mode for me. Enabling the intro movie fixes it.

Our Host!