Awesomesauce!

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Major_Blackhart, Oct 4, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. Major_Blackhart

Major_Blackhart Member

I hope this is the right thread to put all this, but first let me say how absolutely f'ing AWESOME your mod is! I cannot believe it! I remember checking it out when verbobonc was just starting up, etc, and everything still had a ways to go. But holy crap! I look at it now and I can't believe it! It's absolutely friggin amazing!
    I haven't even completed the game yet! I'm just creating new parties after the old ones get to around 15 or so, just f'ing around and experimenting! Awesomesauce and scrumtrulescent are two words I have for this mod. Bravo!
    Currently working on a party of all lawful good characters (for the damage buffs, etc against IUZ when I finally fight him) and I'm loving my H.O. Paladin and Rogue chars so far. Never really went with a caster cleric before, always a bit of a front liner, but my elf cleric is ripping things up with casting, and is decent with a long sword to boot. And I love the new weapons and armor and what not just put in everywhere. So far, my H.O. Rogue rips things up with a falchion that I intend to keen and Imp Critical.
    Just friggin awesome!
    That's all. You guys are awesome.
    I haven't stopped playing for over a month and a half now. I'm loving it.

2. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

Just so you know, Keen and Improved Crit don't stack.

3. Lava

Lava Established Member

If I understand the rules, a bonus from a skill and a bonus from a magical source are separate and are supposed to stack? Like bless and weapon focus...
    Although... stacking crit bonuses is sounds broken, balance-wise, so maybe it's for the better.

4. Azured

Azured Lethal but deadly.

It's not so much an issue about the source than the type. A bonus stacks if it's of a different type, but does not if the bonus types are the same. For example, two morale bonuses (like Bless + Barbarian Rage) do not stack. Two different bonus types like racial and resistance (Halfling wearing a Cloak of Resistance) do stack.

It is explicitly said in the description of the Improved Critical Feat that the bonus does not stack with any other bonus that modifies the critical range of a weapon - no matter what the source or bonus type is. This makes sense as it would be really imbalanced and exploitable.

5. Major_Blackhart

Major_Blackhart Member

Well, that's ok then. I thought imp crit improved critical damage. Either way, it's still awesome.

It's like I bit into a fruit and it sprayed awesomesauce all over my face.
    Great mod.

Our Host!