Quest: What is Command for Paladin/Cleric to Become Fallen

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by EdwinP, Apr 26, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. EdwinP

EdwinP Member

I am new to modding and would like to start out with a simple mod. So I am starting with with Dialogs related events.

Question: What is command/trigger for a Paladin or Cleric (if possible) to become fallen.

Basically, I want to create a dialog where a NPC in Nulb asks for a coin to purchase food.

"Kind sirs, could you spare a coin so I can feed my children tonight"

IF a Good Party turns down the request any Paladins (or Cleric of Pelor if possible) in the party become fallen.

IF an Evil Party grants the quest then any Evil Cleric (if possible) becomes fallen.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

PS: I don't know if clerics can become fallen in TOEE but I think I can duplicate the effect by reducing their wisdom by until they atone, and I plan to increase the cost for atonement to about 1000gp x pc level.

---------------------------------------------------------
    Edit > I just checked Terjon's dialog and saw that the cost of atonement does increase for paladins as he increases in level.

Now, all I have to do is find the command that makes the Paladin become fallen after drinking and then apply this to other NPC dialog events, and then move onto other actionable events - ie slaying lareth after you accepted his surrender to trigger this, attacking Burne, attacking Terjon, etc. and figure out if I can make Clerics become fallen, ie lose their spell casting ability until they atone.

------------------------------------------------------------
    Edit > Found Commands in the DLG post, now I just have to find a sample dialog to see how it was used.

obj.condition_add_with_args( "Invisible", #, # ) //Fallen_Paladin

pc.d20_query(Q_IsFallenPaladin) == #
    # = 0 not fallen, 1 fallen

Note: obj means object and can be replaced by any object. (IE, triggerer, attachee, npc, pc, etc) # mean a number value, 1 means a 0 or 1 (false or true). Any == sign can be replaced by normal conditional codes (> < >= <= !=). Not all listed here some functions can be used as conditionals/variables.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2005
  2. ldonyo

ldonyo Member

Will you be including a check to see if the party has any gold to give at the time the dialog takes place? I know I would be extremely upset if my Paladin were made Fallen because I had no gold to give!

3. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

...or if you had food items, meat, beer etc that you could give intsead

4. EdwinP

EdwinP Member

Excellent refinement; ldonyo, I never thought to check to see if the party had coins. Many thanks.

5. dulcaoin

dulcaoin Established Member Veteran

That'll make him invisible, this is what you want:

obj.condition_add_with_args("Fallen_Paladin",0,0);

No idea what happens if you try to apply it to a cleric.

-- d

6. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Hey Modders

Many of us know EdwinP from the Atari boards. Do what you can to help him along - he may turn out to be the next Livonya.

7. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I agree that there should be more options that would make a paladin fall but I was thinking it should be more combat based if possible.
    e.g. a paladin will fall if he...
    ...attacks a prone opponant
    ...attacks a flatfooted opponant
    ...attacks a fleeing opponant
    ...moves to flank an opponant (but not if an ally moves to flank).
    ...attempts to flee combat
    ...does not turn undead created by a party member

I don't know if it's possible but I think a paladin who does these cowardly things is more likely to fall than one who enters a drinking contest!

8. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

What?!? Since when is using intelligent tactics an evil act? Okay, I can kind of see the attacking a prone opponent as possibly being considered dishonorable, but causing a paladin to fall over it seems rather extreme.

9. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

In Bushido Blade, you could attack a prone opponent, stab the in the back or sneek attack them but if you did you would lose (you could only play the first 5 levels then auto game over if you did) for fighting dishourably.

10. nitewolf

nitewolf Packleader

We're talking Paladins, not Samuri.

Using good tactics is not EVIL, necessarily.

Besides, if your opponent is evil (chatoic, lawful OR neutral), most tatics would be justified in destroying them. IMHO.

11. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Even a samurai is allowed to attack a flat-footed opponent. That's what iajutsu is all about (drawning your sword and killing with the first stroke.) There's a difference between hitting someone when they know they are fighting you but before they can react and hitting them when they're not aware of your presence or intention to harm them. The latter is dishonorable, the former is not.

As for a prone opponent, I can see that being dishonorable in a duel, but not on the battlefield. If someone slips and falls during a duel, you can retreat and give them a chance to stand back up. In the middle of a pitched battle leaving a live opponent behind you as you move forward to the next one is just asking for trouble. (And we're talking someone who fell down. Not someone who is incapactited or otherwise no longer a threat.)

That and there's a lot of moves in aikido (and in medeval european swordsmanship, for that matter) that involve throwing or tripping your opponent, then killing them.

12. EdwinP

EdwinP Member

A quick note, I plan to keep this relatively simple but basically I plan to;

1. Add simple dialogue triggers that will cause a paladin in a group to become fallen - such as accepting an evil quest, refusing to perform a good deed - ie giving a coin to a person in need or telling a lie.

Scripting for combat actions is beyond me at the current time. The only ones I could see as viable for a paladin's fallen status being triggered is if you slew a member of your own party (ie Lareth), attacked a non-hostile NPC - ie Burne, Rufus, Calmert etc, refused to accept the surrender of an opponent - ie Lareth, or if your party gained a bad rep - ie Butcher of Hommlet.

2. If I can accomplish the above then then I plan to add similar triggers for good and evil clerics if I can figure out how to make them become fallen.

3. And perhaps, ultimately add an encounter to Nulb - perhaps spawn an experienced Pirate captain and his gang that belongs to the same fraction as the pirates in town, so if you attack Tolub you will find yourself facing his older brother, Frtiz, Ftr12 and his henchmen; a few fighters and a wizard (Wiz8), if you return to Nulb. I say this as I as always felt it strange that you could go about slaying all the pirates in Nulb and there would be no organized reaction or retaliation.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2005
  13. ldonyo

ldonyo Member

Anything I can do to help. :-D

Our Host!