Starting with 8

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by D-Hopper, Aug 23, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. D-Hopper

D-Hopper Member

I noticed that there is the option to start with 8 PC's. it lets you select 8 when ur creating the team but doesn't show their portrait upon selection and doesn't actually start the game with 8 (still just 5) is this a glitch or am I supposed to find the others elswhere?

2. valky

valky Member

Didn't tried 8 yet, but my party's size is 6 and it does work fine. You only can not remove party member 6,7 and 8 later on.
    While only 5 portraits are being shown as soon as you start your adventure you should have the proper fellowship-size.

(I was trying to remove once a char, cause I wanted to redo the sorting and it did crashed, but I guess it's due to the engines hardcoded 5 portraits proplem if you have added more member than you are supposed to)

edit: have you raised the limit in the TFX-E frontend as well, else it won't work?

3. maalri

maalri Immortal

I second valky, D-Hopper.

You can only see 5, but all 8 (or 6 or 7, if you choose that amount) do absolutely show up when you launch into the game. I have done it many, many times with more than 5.

4. Acrux

Acrux Member

One thing to keep in mind is that if you set the option at 8 PCs you can never add an NPC to the group, even if you take 7 of fewer. I always set mine at 7 now, in case I decide to steal from the NPCs, I mean, join in an NPC quest later.

5. D-Hopper

D-Hopper Member

I made sure the Front end X is set to 6. Made two separate attempt's wherein it allowed me to add a sixth member (without portrait) by add button only and was highlighted as added.

When starting the game, inside the starting store, there are only 5 members.
    I hate the fact that it isn't working.

Oh and just an odd side note. Started a new team with a proper rouge and whenever i put him into sneak mode, a few seconds later "Elmo" drops into sneak as well of his own accord.

6. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

When the game starts, where are you? Are you on the equipment room map?

7. valky

valky Member

Hmm sounds odd...just tried to add a 7th member in Hommlet after setting the size accordingly and it did work well.
    Though my game was a fresh install (patch 1+2) and the Co8 6.1 NC mod.

If you are in the starting store, then it'd be enabled and working as intended but I really don't know why it still limits your party size.

Would there be any loss if you try to re-install everything? the saves can be backup-ed anyway in the frontend stuff and your chars are stored in "xxx:\...\Temple of Elemental Evil\modules\ToEE\players\.." if you wanna save them first. (don't know if they get deleted..saving stuff > everything ^^)

8. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

As others have said, the other characters should show up in the starting store. The first five show up when you are creating/adding the characters, but the rest will be with you when you hit begin. Another way to be sure is that you hit save when you change the max number of characters to 8. You can also try to add the other characters at the Inn. If that still does not help, then it sounds like you may have a bad install.

9. avianmosquito

avianmosquito Member

Sorry if this is an unbelievably stupid question, I've never modded TOEE before, but how are you starting with more than 5 characters?

10. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

use the TFE-X, the front end that comes with 6.1 nc or not. There are various options you can choose, including one that allows you to have more than 5 characters. :)

NC stands for new content and 6.1 is the current available Co8 module available. So you do not have to mod anything yourself, just choose which options you want to play with. Save and then have at it.

11. avianmosquito

avianmosquito Member

Would you believe I found it less than a minute after I posted?

12. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

I would indeed and I have done the same type of thing before. Glad you have it working for you and hope that you can have fun. :)

Our Host!