Co8 New Content: Moathouse Respawn

Discussion in 'New Content Subdirectories' started by Gaear, Mar 22, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. Grimslade

Grimslade Member

I've never seen the Blade of Fury or S&W .50cal either - and I've defeated this group a 1/2 dozen times at least - what makes these things drop?

*Oops - read some earlier posts and now realize these items are no longer in game - sorry.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  2. dwarfer66

dwarfer66 Member

I have got the quest for the moathouse respawn but where/how do I go there, I went to the moathouse and it is empty from top to bottom.

3. dwarfer66

dwarfer66 Member

yeah found out you had to speak with kent.

4. argikt

argikt Member

Hi

I was playing 6.1 NC, and I went to moathouse, I saw in this forum, a new map and 3 npc. I saw "mother" and 1 witch in lareth's room. But no idea where is the other, and how to reach the new map I saw here:confused:

Can anyone explain me?

Thanks for this great work!!!

5. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

When you finish the big fight in the newly populated moathouse there should be a letter on a witch that's in the group you fight against, "use" the letter and follow the instructions written on it.

6. argikt

argikt Member

Yup! I did it, it's indicates "go to garneys forest", no new location is placed in world map, I went to welkwood, and reexplore the place... nothing.

What I must do next?

thanks for help

7. argikt

argikt Member

Ooppsss!

I'm a fool, I missed the option "go there".

thanks for help

8. Walker_ID

Walker_ID Member

Where is this merchant in the moat house respawn?

i found a witch in lareth's old room and killed her

it wasn't that spirit as soon as you enter the map on the right side floating in the water was it?

nevermind...i loaded an earlier save and see that mother was the thing in the water :p

9. shapecharge

shapecharge Established Member

Ummm-I am guessing the Groaning Spirt w/ the Bodaks in the Bugbears old digs is not suppose to have 1 Billion 568Million, 928 Thousand and 201 Temp HPs. Thats after I hit him a few times before I caught on to this ridiculous amount so he actually at one time had more.

The pop-up when you hovered over him had Temporary HPs also listed twice IIRC

The first one said 0 the one below it had the above # and when I hit him I would watch it take my 12points or whatever off this 2nd #.

Is this a known issue, has it ever happen to someone else, figured it would take me over 24hrs of beating on him to actually take out this many temp hps.

Well I went back and refought the battle and no issues with the temp points so just a temporary "glitch" of mine I looked and didn't see any where else in the forums where anyone else has had this issue, so I don't think its a universal bug or problem.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  10. dragonalumni

dragonalumni Elemental Warrior

i guess these are bugs?

monster's outside can move and attack at 0 and negative health. (status: disabled)
    (dire boars)

the crystal ooze has a debuff labeled "debuff ability : what should this say"

crystal ooze poison seems to never wear-off, if it should or not i don't know, i still had it after
    26 days of rest.

lolo's joy is described as a light crossbow, but neither my ranger, barbarian nor fighter knows how it works.........

-- otherwise it was a fun run.

11. Zalmoxes

Zalmoxes Forest Guardian

Dire Boars have Die Hard Feat.
    Iolo's Joy Need EWP Repeat Xbow.
    Don't know about the Crystal Ooze, maybe it is a special poison that requires Neutralize Poison Spell (or similar) or Spell Permanency ( in wich case you have to visit Jaroo)

12. dragonalumni

dragonalumni Elemental Warrior

i was able to remove poison with either a potion or a spell, just not with time. the description of the debuff ("what should this say") (obviously that description remains from development) and the crossbow, i think should be changed if it's a repeater it should give some clue as to that, especially since i identified it.

also, i'm confused, "the witch" being held by the drow, according to the note i read would be a sister of the undead loving witch in the moathouse. meaning i need to kill her :) but she doesn't register under 'detect evil' and burne left my group when i attacked her.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  13. J'allan UlDragos

J'allan UlDragos Dragon Warrior

These monsters are more advanced versions of some creatures you have faced before and may have special abilities... for example see below (for an ochre jelly from SRD)

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/ooze.htm

I defeated the Ochre's with Fire based spells, and quickly retreated after first engaging them and tried to contain them in the room with my best melee character defending, NOT attacking. I first tried attacking with different types of physical damage and spells ... unfortunately i seemed to try everything first that DID not work ... LOL. 1 Ochre Jelly quickly became 12!!! and my fire battlemage made a vain effort to burn them with "Burning Hands" to test that ... when that worked he retreated to safety behind my Paladin bracing the door to block the surging oozes. I then rained down Fireball and Flamestrike from a safe distance until they dissolved. :)

The Crystal Oozes are highly resistant to all attacks, i think they have some kind of damage reduction that shrugs off a portion of all attacks. I found Blunt weapons or force seemed to be most effective, and spells other than Magic Missile were ineffective. I was not poisoned, but check the in-game HELP on poison, it lists all the Known poisons employed in the game and likely lists it. As always, if you have a condition that seems to not be resolveable under normal means, seek out the help of Jaroo.

The Dire boars as someone else pointed out have the diehard feat. You can give a character this in feat selection if you have the prerequisites ... it basically allows a character with it to ignore all damage effects past 0 hit points, until they fall below -10 hp. at this point they immediately die. Think of it as Rocky still on his feet after getting hammered by Drago LOL pretty much dead on his feet but he keeps on fighting and still wins! :) or LOL John Mclain in DIEHARD. dude does not go down easy. there are better feats out there though.

Basilisk had the StoneGaze ability (i have yet to have a character fail the save) but hte examples are there in the Moathouse should that befall your heroes.

Morg and Bodak are very strong, high level Undeads. Bodak have a ability called DeathGaze that instantkills a character struck by it and failing the save. If you create a Cleric of Nerull, you can get a similar ability to this if you select the Death domain. It's REALLY powerful.

hope this helps!

Oh yeah. Iolo's Joy is a fanmade weapon by Co8 - it is commemorating Iolo fitzowen of the Ultima games, a famous bard in that series. the flavor text says it is a light crossbow, but like the other poster said it is actually requiring the Exotic Weapon proficiency for Repeating Crossbow. It's a great weapon, with a Sonic Burst effect built in, and can be further crafted if so desired.

14. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

And all this time I thought it was supposed to be Iolo Morganwg, the Welsh antiquarian, poet and collector.

Oh well, another time it shows ... never listen to old people, (was what the old person warned).

15. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

If you look at the dice roll tab and click on the numbers, you can see all the immunities and damage reduction a monster has. I do not have the info in front of me, but you can learn quickly what attacks will work against what critters. In the case of puddings and jellies, hitting them with a piercing, slashing, or electrical attack will cause then to slit up to undamaged portions. Shame you do not get any extra XP from killing off 20 smaller jellies when you first encounter 1. :D

Our Host!