Co8 New Content: Hickory Branch

Discussion in 'New Content Subdirectories' started by Gaear, Mar 22, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

How about to make a Scholar's Kit +2?

2. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

YES! I finally got the "cave wall" to trigger, that was fun! The group battle is way more fun than if you rush straight in. Me not having lvl3 arcane spells yet made it even better. Apparently I forgot one guy though, the one with the vial of blood - he showed up outside after the battle - although I have no idea as to where I'd look for him.

3. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

I agree that it is a hearty battle, especially if you do not have an arcane blaster to take out crowds with their aoe spells. I am trying a group with a paladin melee with a cleric slinger and a ranger archer. Going to see how well it works when I get to HB and face their groups.

4. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Haha, my group is:

CG elf ranger melee
    TN half-orc bard/fighter
    LG halfing paladin.

5. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Come now. You really should have made the half orc the paladin and the halfling as the barbarian. :)

Sounds like a good group. Good luck with your gang of ground pounders.

6. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

I LIKE half-orc Paladins!

7. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

^ You would...

Well, the halfing paladin was inspired by the gnome paladin. Also, the idea of a Half-orc with CHA 15+ amuses me.

8. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

I know what you mean. I played back in 1st ed DnD with a group that allowed weird stuff. One guy had a gnome paladin who needed a step ladder to get on his war horse. I played a half orc fighter/magic user and that added to the joy of strangeness in that campaign.

For me, anything that you can have fun with and works for you is good as gold.

Have at the foes and allow the bloody smiles commence. :D

9. Ipon

Ipon Member

I'm only a 1/3 of the way through this right now, but I absolutely love it. Great job, folks. I love the layout. I took a rogue to scout the entire map.

Whoever did the Owlbear and Ogre Shaman models did an impressive job.

10. Wotan Wordsmith

Wotan Wordsmith Member

I just finished this and it was easily the most fun I had in this game so far*
    My party went from level 3 to 6(I´m afraid things might get a little easy now though) and the final fight had exactly the right difficulty, challenging but fun. Nice work :)

*this clearly excludes the minotaur. What the hell man... wouldn´t even have done it without a certain cheesy spell:
    [​IMG]

The minotaur hit her dozens of times :D Well, let´s just assume they are of low intelligence...

After the fight we have a new champion:
    [​IMG]

Hooray! What a nightmare :D

11. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

I have found that a nice Tasha spell also works. Especially if you can get it cast before the minotaur casts his own protection spell. :)

12. Wotan Wordsmith

Wotan Wordsmith Member

That spell only lasts 6 round or so though- as you can see from the consecutive misses the fight went on for over 26 rounds!
    I used bless, prayer etc. and my group has very good stats but they kept missing that thing over and over and over... and *if* they hit then mostly for 2 damage or something! I could use only the barbarian for melee since I only had one long spear... if your group is able to hit that thing regularly I really don´t understand how(I was level 5).

13. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

So... do you think the cave regroup should be activated when you rest at HB? (I think it's possible to script)
    Because players can easily rest in HB, passing more than 24 hours before heading to the cave.

(it would be even more logical to encounter Lord Hungous' group itself when resting, but maybe that's a little too brutal)

14. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

What about creating a band of orcs that are sentries. Its not like the leaders would be out patrolling the area, but possible a group of orc rangers, or rogues, patrol the areas at night (or whenever you rest).

15. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Sounds good to me, both for the regroup as well as a nice warband to interrupt the resting adventuring flunkies who dared bother the MIGHTY Lord Hungous. :)

Our Host!