ToEE problems and CD Drive Fail

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by allenhill2002, Jul 23, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. allenhill2002

allenhill2002 Member

So, I finally found my copy of ToEE and I was lucky enough to have my CD drive on my laptop work long enough to install the game. I played the tutorial and decided to create some characters. However, I didn't really like the portraits. Therefore i closed the game and downloaded some. I just don't know where to put them. I downloaded the "Portraits Made Easy" from the thread you have. I followed the instructions but the game won't load now. It gets part way started but crashes. Oh, I also installed the 2nd patch. I don't know why this is happening. Is it because I dieing CD drive is not reading the play disc right? Was it a bad patch? Is there something I can do to get a workaround or a "no CD crack" for this game? Could I email the Part # on the CD to Atari and get help?

2. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Buy the Gog download at $4.99, a real bargain. No cd or patching needed. Download modpack 6.1, install, you're good to go. Lots of good portraits. Evyerthing you need is here in the forums.

3. allenhill2002

allenhill2002 Member

I downloaded the modpack and everything works fine. Thanks. What all EXTRA pictures and voices can I get that work with 6.1? Are there any picture packs that have "different" pictures (like Xenosaga or FF pictures)?

Our Host!