Co8 New Content: Verbobonc

Discussion in 'New Content Subdirectories' started by Gaear, Mar 22, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Yeah, given how MH is designed, the cave exit can become the alternate route, if you choose to skip most of the foes by using the secret ladder in the zombie room.

But hey - I agree overall, if you have space for map locations, then by all means do it.

2. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

The new exit and the idea of its own special outlet on the world map sounds cool Gaear. So thanks to you and the mods who have allowed this to happen.

3. The Serge

The Serge Member

Looks like a little late to the party, and slow to boot, but I'm having issues with the Fear of Ghosts quest. I've found the three ghosts and I know I need to pick up body parts and so forth. I know they're in a swamp, but for the life of me, I can't figure out where to look! I've searched Imerdys Run and around the Moat House, but I can't find a thing!

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

4. Gamer81

Gamer81 Member

Hi,

This is my first post.

I started playing D&D in 1981 and TOE was my absolute favorite PNP module all time (might just have been the fun of those early days, we were all just learning the system and my very first session I fought orcus, we really had no idea what we were doing...). I've been playing ever since and the computer version of TOEE is the best conversion from the PNP to computer I've seen. I've been playing the computer game for years and love the materials you folks have produced. I probably would still be playing the vanile version of the game but you have increased the enjoyment a hundred fold!

Thanks for all your time and effort, you folks are incredible.

My question, I now play D&D with my duaghers, the youngest of whom loves fancy castles and when we saw the Castle of Lords image on one of your threads she was totally keen to buy the castle, but when we did the interior was very plain. Is there two versions of the castle? one fancy and one plain, or did it change between the latest NC version and an earlier version.

Again, thanks for everything!

5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Sorry about that - I guess we're putting the cart before the horse with the screenshots above, but that's the version of the castle you'll see in the next release. It has been upgraded. Glad you (and they) like the mod. :)

You're on the right track with the Moathouse ...

6. The Serge

The Serge Member

I've been through the Moathouse three times and I had no luck. I'm not use to getting completely stuck!

7. blacklung

blacklung Member

i can't seem to get any quests after the drow, i've been everywhere and talked to everyone.Please help

8. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

to The Serge, I sent you a private message where to find what the parts. Check your profile to see what I sent you. :)

9. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Just to be sure, you are talking about the drow in the spider tunnels, correct? Did you kill all the drow? If so, did you then get the dragon and its spawn? If so then talk to Prince Zook and the Vicount.

10. evilthorne

evilthorne Techincally Cursed

I have the castle of the lords but I can't rest there? It only gives me the pass time option instead. I don't see any ghosts or their shadows running around either. I am using 5.9.0

Plus I defeated the drow adventure but it won't actually complete it in the list. When I leave the white dragon hatchling area I keep getting trapped in the black area by the door. I can escape with a teleport spell.

Furthermore I killed Dalia and the Cousin and it won't let me complete that either he just keeps saying "A white Dragon" etc etc This is my second time through and did not have the issues before but I never bought the castle. Keep up the great work and thanks!!

Attached Files:

11. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Sorry I can not help you with 5.9, but I think I recall that there were some bugs with that version. You might want to upgrade to 6.1, as it has some nice new content and seem quite a bit more stable.

12. The Serge

The Serge Member

First, you're awesome. Thanks!

Second, although I made the appropriate contact when I initially checked out the Moathouse, I didn't find anything. I had to search diligently after your help when I went back this morning.

Again, thanks!

Although the clues were VERY esoteric, the end of that quest is pretty creepy. Very effective, guys!

13. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

@evilthorne, as cezmal says, you should really be playing the latest release. 5.9 was a beta two versions back of the current release, and many bugs/issues have been fixed between then and now. The only modpacks we really recommend for play fall sequentially along the numerical stages - 3.0.4, 4.0.1, 5.5.0, and 6.1.0.

5.6 - 5.9 were all betas leading to the eventual v6 (currently 6.1).

14. evilthorne

evilthorne Techincally Cursed

Thanks Gaear I download the newer version and see if it fixes the issues. Thanks for the quick reply guys I appreciate it.

15. crhallen

crhallen Toee addict Supporter

Superb job with everyting gents. i played the paper module in the 80's and it is memorable to this day. I would love to see the slavers module, giants, and queen of the demonweb pits. i started with the kob, however and am looking forward to playing that one.

Q: i feel like i am wandering aimlessly on my quest for the traders. after talking to W, who do i communicate with next to get the ball rolling?

and how do i donate to the cause, i feel guilty playing for free

Our Host!